TAMU Spring 2019 Transfer

So I just applied to Agricultural and Life sciences on Sunday before the deadline. I’m a little worried to be honest. I was planning on transferring for fall 2019 but my parents pushed me to apply this weekend. I honesty think it’s a little late but you never know. I’m already in the A&M school system in Corpus Christi and I have a 3.9 GPA. Do ya’ll think I have a chance??? A girl just wants to get her animal science degree lol.

@splasheart123 Seriously… a 3.9 at A&M Corpus… you’re a shoe in. Assuming you have required classes and credit, you’re good. Keep us posted! Oh and if you need an apartment/condo, there are plenty of girls subleasing in the spring.

@AggieMomhelp I am applying to the College of Architecture with a 3.31 and 58 hours from ACC and Blinn with all required and recommended classes completed. I have letters of rec from architecture firms and construction companies. I applied in July and got my audit in late August. Do you think I have a good chance?? Also, do you know if all environmental design applicants who get accepted have to submit a portfolio??

@archistudent I think you have a decent chance. It’s a tough program to get into tho. Hoping a 3.31 is sufficient. Not sure about the portfolio. Also it’s great that your LORs are from architecture field!!! Good Luck!!!

Applying for Construction Science with a 3.4 and 55 transfer hours. Prays and wishes for everyone to get accepted! Has anyone got tabs yet?

@aggie96 CoSc Applicant here as well with no sign of change. I pray and wish for you to get in too m8!

@AggieMomhelp Thank you and no worries about the portfolio question. Well really I have a 4.0 at Blinn and a 3.55 at ACC ,but TAMU accounts for everything, even replacement classes. When I was in high school I did dual credit and didn’t do so well in summer classes. So, I retook those classes to get a better grade. The past few semesters I have gotten 4.0’s and 3.5’s. But all I can do is hope for the best.

I dont know man , they are going to take a while for CS and Computer Engineering I guess… @AdamBarket

@KrisP1 The wait will be worth it my friend!

Sometimes I wonder since they built the new engineering building and have that 25 by 25 plan going on wouldn’t that perhaps speed up the process for making engineering admission decisions?

My DS has SIX TABS this morning???

@cpacestx congrats!! I forget - what was your son’s major? I wish I hadn’t told my daughter to surprise me with news in person - taking an incredible amount of restraint not to bug her about it. :)) I’m sure nothing has changed though.

@JaceyK My DS major is Viz ?
We don’t know if he has gotten CS or PSA. After all these months, what’s another 24 hours?

@JaceyK Yes restraint… I had none.
I looked last night & then this am! I then called my DS ( I just flew to VA to celebrate my moms 90th bday.)
I just told him to check Howdy. That woke him up!!!

@cpacestx I didn’t realize your son was transfer student. Transfer students won’t ever get PSA, that’s just for freshmen. In howdy under application tab, have him check “manage application”. On that screen it will list major, as will his AIS.

@AggieMomhelp My son isn’t a transfer. He applied as a freshman Spring admit. I’ve been greening information from this thread as we didn’t know which way we would need to proceed & you all are so informative & helpful!
TY for your help!

OHHHH gotcha. Have him check that manage application screen to see major. Please keep me posted!!

The AIS says Vizualization, college Arch, location CS but below it, it still has complete & in review.
Nerve racking but sooo exciting. Hope this is true!

Awesome… what about under manage application in howdy? And if it didn’t change in AIS, then I’m going to say 99% sure your son is set for Viz.

@cpacestx If what we saw last year was correct, PSA doesn’t get tabs anyway. Tabs should mean full admit!

Congrats!