TAMU Spring 2019 Transfer

Exactly right. PSA is the only one besides denial that doesn’t get tabs!!!

still no tabs getting worried is anyone els applying for Construction Science??

Thank you for all your encouragement!
He is officially admitted!!!

@aggie96 Construction major here. No change or tabs yet. AIS still shows both majors and howdy only shows the first. The wait shouldnt be much longer.

@cpacestx : CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SON’S FULL ADMISSIONS FOR SPRING 2018!! :slight_smile: That is awesome!

Just curious, did he retake the SAT or did he get into Viz with his original test score?

@aggie96 Construction Science here as well, no tabs yet, I’m so nervous, praying we all get in.

No updates yet, anxiously waiting I am applying for Construction Science and it looks like we wont hear until November.

@cpacestx Congratulations to your son!! One of my sons will start the Viz program in Fall 19- he is so excited! Your son will have a nice head start! Curious- do any of his dual credit hours include the required math or science classes in the Viz core curriculum? Again, congrats!!

He got in with current scores. He was studying for ACT at end of this month. We didn’t know if he’d need it for Fall admissions. Also, a high ACT will allow him to take a higher level math if needed at the CC.
This process has prepared me fully for my youngest & her future application!
She’s a high school sophomore.
Funny how the last child gets all the gravy?

@agtrio23 Yes, he is taking physics now & hopes to take Calculus 1 this spring.
He has completed the general tamu core classes that are scheduled for the last few semesters (Enlglish, history, govt, soc.) Has your son taken some? Many Vizzers recommended taking Cal at the cc as the tamu Calculus is a weed out course for freshmen and engineers.

@cpacestx you answered exactly what we were curious about! My son also wants to take Cal 1 at our local CC this spring (and maybe Physics this summer)- glad to hear that is ok and even recommended by current Viz students :). My son will have some AP & dual credit for mostly the same ones you mentioned (English, history, govt/econ, and hopefully biology after spring AP exams). Any tips on where to learn more about what current Viz students recommend?

@agtrio23 He learned a lot by calling the Viz department and speaking with a Viz student that answered the phone!

So guys I have a 3.7 and in case if i am applying to chemistry as my major but I don’t get in and my second choice major is psychology since I’m interested in that too, however it says on the transfer sheet that I need RHET 1302 which is something I don’t have, so how much do you think liberal arts admissions would look into that?

@curryinvasion2 If I understand it correctly, I think you have to have all the required coursework complete when you apply. For Spring admission, all coursework needs to be complete by end of summer. For Fall, I think it has to be complete by end of Fall (don’t quote me on that - I’m sure @thelma2 or @AggieMomhelp will chime in :slight_smile: ).

Got my tabs this morning! I applied early August for construction science with a 3.2.

Nice, hopefully that means congrats!! Still waiting for EE.

@Curryinvasion2 I texted a friend of mine in psyc department to see. I’ll let ya know what I find out. This is just a basic English class. My kids took it as dual credit and a lot of students do it as AP credit. I do, however, think you will be just fine getting into Chem. Your GPA is great!

@Curryinvasion2 I just heard back. You must have it completed to apply. but again, if you have everything you need for Chem, I think you’ll be fine!

@kmeneley21 congratz m8!! Still waiting on my end.

@AdamBarket Us too - wonder how many of our posts will be about waiting to this point. LOL.