TAMU Spring 2019 Transfer

@JaceyK LOL its sad isn’t it… ive never waited this long for a decision… but ive also never wanted to attend a school so bad. :-?

@AdamBarket Yes, my daughter can’t wait for October to be over, and my son won’t talk about it (I know better not to bring it up with him lol). My daughter wishes she had gone to TAMU first instead of playing softball for community college on scholarship (but she saved a ton of $$ doing that). She would have been auto-admit had she applied as freshman. 8-| But now instead, she’s got to wait like a review admit. :-SS

@JaceyK haha I dont blame your son for not wanting to talk about it… but its all good things happen for a reason… im sure both will be admitted to TAMU!

@AggieMomhelp Thank you very much and yes I am actually applying for the fall of 2019 the reason I am asking now is because I want to be a little prepared on what I need. I know that they will ask me to send spring transcripts since the spring semester I will have math 2 and chem 2 in progress so I was wondering if RHET 1302 (ENGL 104) is worth registering for. I actually talked to tamu admissions about it and according to TAMU I have credit for it however since my current university didn’t award credit for it, I may have to talk to the transcript center of my school. Otherwise I know chemistry doesn’t require RHET 1302 but liberal arts majors does so I might as well wait and see. I also heard that dual credit factors which is the reason for my 3.7 however at my current university I have a 4.0 so I feel that I am competitive for chemistry.

@Curryinvasion2 English 104 is required for both majors, just not before admission for Chem. If TAMU shows that you have credit for it, then you are good. They take dual credit for 104 and 103 but 103 typically doesn’t go towards anything. Did you take it Dual credit? And if so, through what college?

I have a curious question - if they did the audit on my daughter’s hours, would there be any red flags that pop up if she were missing something? Or do they assume that you knew you were missing a class when you applied for that major? And if denied for that very reason (not having required coursework), how are you notified of this? I trust my daughter’s analysis of what she has so I’m not asking for her - I was just curious as to how this is handled. :slight_smile:

Good news is that before they did the audit, she had a 3.93 GPA - after audit, it was 3.95 because I think 1 or 2 classes didn’t transfer. I don’t know why that would make an increased difference considering she got all As and 1 B - you would think it would go down, not up with the decrease in hours.

@AggieMomhelp Oh actually I took the English literature ap exam and scored good enough for ENGL 104 however that’s for TAMU with its ap scale my school however doesn’t award credit based of my scores and ap exam so my point is that if I apply as a chem major for transfer admission then ENGL 104 is not required however at the worst case scenario I don’t get in to chemistry and my second choice is psychology then I would probably be denied for not having ENGL 104 on my transcript. The only dual credit I’ve taken was the two semesters of history.

I think you’re fine with the AP exam credit. Just because your current university didn’t accept it doesn’t mean you don’t have it. You would just provide your AP scores with it application. UNLESS even with Chem you want to take it again.

Anyone heard or know of anyone else that’s heard from the animal science department?

@jaceyk the audit will just show what she has taken and what will transfer. It’ll also show the grade. Not sure how it goes up, lol, but take it and run. She cannot seriously be worried with that high of a GPA.

@AggieMomhelp I don’t plan on taking ENGL 104 again but I just wasn’t too sure whether TAMU accepts AP credit when you apply as a transfer like I thought that it should be on your transcript. I do know however that once your at TAMU as a student you can then apply your credit, so that’s why I feel that it’s pointless for me to register for it at my current university since I’m assuming I’ll transfer next year.

@rachellmurray did your friend have the required coursework and what was her gpa if you don’t mind me asking?

Got my Tabs today Construction Science GIG’EM!

@kmeneley21 Congratulations!!!

@aggie96 Congratulations!!!

@aggie96 congatx m8!

Congrats! Your giving all of us still waiting hope!

My daughter had 6 tabs at 5 am then AIS was updated with her welcome message around 1 pm today.
She applied at the end of Oct 5
Transcripts Oct 10,
audit showed up on Oct 15.
25 hours with a 3.52 GPA, 38 at the end of this semester.

All requirements were completed prior to applying. Essays were very strong and she graduated from high school a year early. She should be a senior this year.
Good luck to those still waiting to hear. The dean’s office for your major can tell you when they expect all decisions to be announced. I know the wait is painful, we waited 5 months for a rejection last year after everyone including A&M staff assured us she would be accepted as a review candidate. Keep the faith!!

What’s her major? And congrats

BS in Psychology