TAMU Spring 2019 Transfer

Hey guys! Ive been following this thread for quite some time now. It is kind of quiet now. Can someone post something? anything? Im so worried!

@tr3wayy we are all just waiting lol.

@tr3wayy we just gotta wait pateitntly, it says November is the month they release out decisions, so just pray to god (if you do) and relax in this beautiful weather.

someone please make a meme of how we are all just waiting

@KrisP1 agreed.

Update…first major changed to 2nd major… :frowning:

@adambarket I think I remember your first major was construction science, right? What was 2nd major? Wonder if anything changed on my daughter’s portal? Now I wish I hadn’t told her to not tell me anything over text/phone. The suspense is going to start building this week, I think!

Yes that is correct. 2nd choice is mechanical engieering which i have no idea why I put that when I have no interest in it or the credentials for it… and idk just check it out and see!

@KrisP1 I’m waiting impatiently, lol!! I remember something about mid-Nov they should make decisions, so hopefully soon.

@AdamBarket what are your stats? Why did you put one of the hardest majors as your second choice? Especially if you have no interest in it?

I got tabs!!

@AggieMomhelp I was being foolish! and I didnt realize that the school of arcitechure had a univeristies studies program or I would have put that instead. I actually tried to change it but they said it was too late once the application is in review. My stats arent that great but I did write, what I feel are excelent essays, and I do have some community service hours which include some landscaping and new home construction projects through habitat for humanity. I also work in the construction field doing drywall so I figured all of that together plus the actual construction work experience would make me a strong candidate despite my poor cumulative gpa of a 2.67 with 67 hours… This is also my second time applying to TAMU… Even if I dont get in I will continue my education at the University of Houston and get my Construction Managment degree there where I have a 3.57 gpa (since I started caring more about my grades)… Either way success isnt determined by what school you go to, its determined by you and the amount of hard work youre willing to put in to make your dreams/goals a reality. With that being said, best regards to all!

@archistudent Congrats!! Architecture, correct??

@AdamBarket That’s ?. Hopefully you get in and goodluck!

@tr3wayy ? thanks man you too!

@AdamBarket Well said and so true! Obviously you have a passion for what you’re doing. But why do you say gpa is 2.67 but a 3.57 at UofH? That will look good to TAMU.

@AggieMomhelp Well because this isnt my first time transfering to a different school. At the other school I have more poor grades than good grades at UH. and since TAMU adds up all the grades from every institution you attend, my gpa comes out to that… I surley thought i could get into the program since i was able to get into the finance program at UTD (which i didnt accept because construction is better) but i guess TAMU is tougher than i thought lol!

Yeah college of architecture and my major is environmental design

congratulations @archistudent !! I hope that decisions for biochemistry is coming out this week!! This wait is agonizing!

Hang in there guys … this week or last by next… or maybe after thanks giving break ?. Check regularly. ?