TAMU Spring 2019 Transfer

Guess nothing is happening today - sigh. More waiting.

@AdamBarket I am so sorry to hear that. I believe you will become a GREAT!! construction manager one day. :smiley:

@AggieCSdream thank you, that sincerely means a lot!

Howdy guys!
My mom has been on here for the past couple months, expressing my nerves for me, but I wanted to join the pack!
I applied to Biochemistry (1st choice)/ Biology (2nd choice) and to say that “my anxiety is driving me crazy” is an understatement. :-SS
I have a 3.96 GPA with 59 credits complete and 11 in progress
I took 4 classes over the summer so I’d meet the requirements before the coursework deadline (TexGov, Chem1, Chem2/Calc2) and if that doesn’t describe how much I want this, I’m not sure what does.
Applied 9/7
Audit 9/18
Still have 3 tabs on Howdy and my 1st choice is still Biochem
Curious as to if there’s any other Biochem majors here because I haven’t seen any… It’s concerning because it makes me wonder why other applicants aren’t seeking answers like I am.

Question: I’ve taken History 1301 and 1302 (US History before 1877 and after 1877) but I’ve noticed that TAMU has their own American History courses that are part of the core courses. Would I have to take those (if accepted) despite the 6 hours of history I’ve already taken (that do qualify as 6 hours required in the degree requirements)?

@meganalise99 YES, welcome to the group. Your stats are fantastic. I wouldn’t be worried if I were you. And 1301 and 1302 are History 105 and 106 respectively. So you have fulfilled that requirement. If you look at the transfer equivalency site for what classes are what for TAMU, you’ll see what I mean. So yay for that, right? Best of luck, you should hear soon, I would think!

Ahhh my first choice major changed to my second choice major :frowning:

Awe @proyov I’m sorry!

So I called the department of biochemistry/biophysics last night… they told me that the department is only responsible for the final leg of admissions and they won’t even have the applications in their possession until the college is done reviewing them. Sounds like they don’t have the applications yet and the College of Agriculture and Life Science is taking its time.

Is there anyone else who applied to the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences who hasn’t heard their decision yet?

@meganalise99 That’s so weird. My daughter transferred to AGLS into RPTS. She was told the RPTS people review and make decision on acceptance. First Admissions makes sure you meet the requirements for tamu and then the departments accept/deny etc. Maybe AGLS is just sorting them out or something.

@aggiemomhelp @meganalise99 It is so frustrating because classes start 1/14 - that is 2 months from next Wednesday - doesn’t really leave a whole lot of time for planning (moving, finding money, sorting affairs, etc). Normally, for freshmen admits, they have 6+ months to plan - why is it so tight for transfers??? And what about financial aid? Really cutting it close IMO.

@jaceyk Agreed it’s tight but doable. My daughter was spring admit. We didn’t have the financial aid portion so not sure of the timing on that. Easy to get housing (so many subleases… in fact daughter trying to sublease hers for spring semester). Moving… easy peasy unless you live super far. Don’t worry momma… it’ll all work out, I promise. It just does.

@jaceyk I COMPLETELY agree with you and feel your pain. My DS is still waiting for a decision for EE, but it seems once they FINALLY make the decision, it won’t leave much time for arrange housing, financial aid, ect. But we else can we do but wait and then make a mad rush to try to get everything sorted at the last minute…

@aggiemomhelp but that is on top of the holidays!! Just wish there was more consideration of the timeline especially with it colliding with holidays.

just got accepted!!! good luck to everyone ;:wink:

@Rene1994 Congrats!!! Whats your major?

nuclear eng

Congrats @rene1994 Welcome to the Aggie family.

@rene1994 Congratulations!! You are keeping hope alive for the rest of us!

Congratulations, @Rene1994 ! Were you checking daily? I’m sure other inquiring minds wanna know when your status updated. :slight_smile:

I know they said during one of our visits that they only update once a day, but I check it at least 10 times, mostly because I don’t know WHAT time of the day they update it!!!