TAMU Spring 2019 Transfer

Hello Guys! I have been following this thread for a month now since I too applied for Spring 2019 transfer. I am a bit nervous on my stats - can anyone give me their honest opinion?
I am applying for the school of Agriculture - Ag Economics (Blinn transfer)
I have a 3.34 GPA but after my audit it went down to a 3.25, right now I have all the priority classes done with 48 hours.

Thank you and good luck to y’all!!

Have you met with Ag Econ advisor? Did you write a passionate essay about why you want to be an Aggie and what you will do with your degree and how you will contribute to TAMU? Essays are important for transfers. The departments read them, not admissions.

Hello, I feel like I wrote a strong essay based on the prompt. I also have met with an Ag Econ advisor, she said everything looked good though of course she reiterated she can’t tell me if I will get in or not.

@AggieMomhelp thank you so much for the positive feed back.

Hi everyone! I applied and got all my transcripts sent in early August after sending in my summer class. My application has been under review for about 2 weeks now. I received tabs early yesterday morning. I’ve heard for every recent thread on getting accepted people who get tabs are accepted, AIS just hasn’t yet updated. Can someone just reassure me? Has anyone else received tabs yet?

Good morning!
I tweeted to @Aggiebound last night asking when spring 2019 transfer students would have a decision. For other boards, they found out about the second-third week in September. Aggibound responded with, “Students can find out anytime once their application file is complete. All students should have a decision by the end of November.”
I know in previous years they basically update everyone’s AIS at once, it may just get updated sooner this year once they finish reviewing your app!
Best of luck!!

@msh020598 If you have 6 tabs you are pretty assured that you’ve been admitted. AIS can take a day or two to follow up. Each department does their own admissions so some accept straight away and some take months. Congrats and welcome to Aggieland!

@AggieMomhelp okay awesome! I tried talking to someone with admissions and they told me they didn’t know how tabs worked and AIS updates only when a decision has been made, but I know they said that to those last semester also. Made me nervous because I knew the past few semesters people mostly got their tabs first. AIS still hasn’t updated but thanks for making me not stress!

@msh020598 I also talked to admissions this morning. She told me that once a decision is made, it takes about 24-52 hours for your AIS to update. She has also said that no departments have released their acceptances out yet, and that it will not be like previous years where they release a whole department (i.e- all ag. kids) at once. As soon as they accept, it will be sent to AIS to process.
This is what the lady told me, so if ya’ll have heard something different, please let me know!!

@sullyboy87 so is everyone who applied getting the 6 tabs now?! Last semester my roommate had 3 and I had 3, and I got denied and was told to take a summer class and reapply Spring whereas she got 6 tabs the day after my decision was made and then a day later her AIS was updated. I know I’ve read 100% of people who got tabs were for sure admitted, but now since they’re telling you they haven’t sent out any acceptances yet now I’m even more worried?!

@msh020598 , I have NO additional tabs besides my normal three. I don’t even know how tabs got brought into this, lol, as they were not ever mention in my original post! I think we are all just waiting for them to finish reviewing and instead of large group acceptances, it will be individual ones. Do not worry one bit! It’s the waiting game now.

@sullyboy87 on your Howdy portal, after sending in your application, you’ll have 3 tabs on the side bar. I think they’re like my records, home and applicant. For all past semesters, anyone who was accepted could tell on Howdy before AIS because they now had 6 tabs which included the 3 original tabs along with “my finances” and “student life,” so basically tabs you would use only if you were a student! Just to let you know what I was talking about haha!

@Msh020598 brought up the 6 tabs, lol. Said they showed up today.

@AggieMomhelp yes! Thanks so much for responding to me also, you made me way less stressed! Hoping to see the for sure “you’ve been admitted” soon!

@AggieMomhelp - I did not see the @ in your post, threw me for a loop!
@msh020598 - You are one of the few to be getting tabs! I have friends ranging from education to engineering and they have not left review yet. What are you majoring in? Congratulations!!

@sullyboy87 Education! I know, I wouldn’t of expected to get them this early, that’s why I was definitely confused! But thanks so much!

College of Liberal Arts and TODAY I GOT TABS!!!

Hiiiii. Someone help. I’m super nervous. Has anyone gotten in/heard if anyone has yet??? I know it’s earier but it seems as if things are going by faster this time around.

@slv818 a few people have gotten their tabs. They have not posted that they were accepted yet though :frowning:

I asked admissions if getting tabs was a sign of how applications were coming along because my AIS still hasn’t updated to anything, and they said yes it is and for us to expect further changes or announcements mid September!