TAMU Spring 2019 Transfer

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TOO!
Major: Wildlife & Fisheries Sciences
GPA: 3.05
Audit: November 1st
Acceptance: November 8th

@HopefulAggieDad I’ve only seen Howdy update to 6 tabs in the early morning like around 6 or 7. AIS may update to the “youve been admitted” during the day though, but tabs will come first. BUT you are not alone. We all have or are currently constantly checking Howdy. It’s a thing…

@gator24 Congrats!!

@HopefulAggieDad Thank you! I actually checked a lot in the morning and did not see any tabs. Around 2pm I had the itch to check AIS to see if there was any updates and that’s when I saw my acceptance! So be sure to check AIS regularly and not just Howdy.

@gator24 that’s crazy. They are totally switching things up on us it seems this year. Tabs have always and I mean always populated well before AIS shows accepted. Sometimes AIS takes several days after tabs appear. I guess there is no rhyme or reason to anything any more lol.

@JaceyK I noticed in the morning around 10 am and at the beginning, I used to check it like 100 times a day hahahahaha but in a couple of weeks I just get in in the mornings

@AggieMomhelp I feel you, haha. I was worried because I was not seeing any tabs but I’m assuming my tabs came the same time as my AIS acceptance. Mind you I did not even receive any notification of my admittance via email. Spring 2019 admission has been interesting to say the least.

I applied on 7/22 and got my audit report on 8/14, but still no news. I have a 4.0 with 65 transferrable credits and all required classes completed for chem engineering. I also have had an internship for chemical engineering during the summer. I’m eager to receive some news!

@Boolincube If you don’t get in… I will be shocked. I would demand an appeal. So please keep us posted. Well done!!!

I know this is an old thread so I don’t know if anyone is still on it. But did anyone transfer as an Allied Health major & if so, what were your stats? I am looking to transfer for spring 2020. My gpa will probably be somewhere between a 2.5-3.0.

@ahn1971 I did not transfer as an Allied Health major but I could help you out a bit. Just make you are constantly looking at the transfer course sheet for this major. The minimum gpa required is 2.75-3.00, but it’s recommended that you try to aim a little bit higher. I was accepted into TAMU with a 3.05 gpa, however my minimum for my degree was 2.50. Increase your chances of acceptance but doing the required coursework, and as much core as possible (History, English, Government, et cetera).

2.5 is the minimum for the university. Allied health is a tough competitive major. Try to get it as high as possible. Show a solid trend upward. Also Try to get some work in the field or related field to show your passion for the industry. It goes a long way! Best of luck. Wish you the best!

Does anyone know when tamu galveston will release decisions?

first major (civil engineering) hasn’t changed. is this a good sign?
I called Friday to ask when decisions would be released and they said sometime this week… nervous!!! :-S

OMG - I just looked at last year’s Spring transfers thread - the decisions came out all the way through 1st week of December!!! Please say it isn’t so…this wait has been way too long. Really praying for decisions before next week or Thanksgiving.

@dataggieboi who did you call? admissions? or your department major?

I am a bit worried too. I called the computer science department too and they told me I won’t hear back until January.

There’s no way they won’t let y’all know by end of month or early Dec. Never heard of such a thing as January for spring transfers. That would be cruel and unusual punishment.

That is crazy… I really have a hard time seeing how to arrange the million things that have to be arranged if we don’t hear back until Dec or January… I had a long talk with my DS last night that if we don’t hear back this week or at least before Thanksgiving, then we are going to have to move forward with his second choice. Very disheartening because his heart is set on A&M. But, we still have a few more days left so let’s see what happens.

Honestly, I hope I was misinformed.When I called, she left me on hold so that she could get information about the estimated time in which computer science transfers will find out. The lady did tell me that there were quite a few of applications.