TAMU Spring 2019 Transfer

@JaceyK I called the department

@dataggieboi I hope not, January is like few days before school starts …

@KrisP1 try Calling the cs dpt. and see if someone else answers. I don’t want to call again and have the same person answer.

@AggieCSdream tel:(979)-845-7200 Is this the number ?

@AggieCSdream , @dataggieboi i called the Comp Science department at 979-845-4087 and they said they don’t have a specific deadline and the student said she has no idea when do they release, also i asked if she can give me an assumption by talking to someone, but she said she has no idea.

@cpacestx nice, what major ?

@AggieCSdream what is 25 by 25 ? Can you please let us know ?

@Krisp1 I called : 979-458-3870 at this website: https://engineering.tamu.edu/cse/academics/degrees/index.html

@krisp1 25 by 25 is like a initiative at Texas A&M to have 25,000 engineering grads by the year 2025. Here is a other link that goes into the specifics https://engineering.tamu.edu/25by25/index.html. I look up the number you called I guess there are multiple numbers to contact the CS department. Well lets hope that we don’t have to wait until January.

@KrisP1 BS in Viz?

@cpacestx nice …

@AggieCSdream Interesting …

Hi! I applied for mechanical engineering on 07/31 and I got my audit on 09/04. I have a 3.9 GPA with 52 transferable credits. I spoke to someone the mechanical engineering department today and they said that since the cutoff date for internal transfers is December 1st transfer admission decisions will be released around mid to late December. I keep hearing a lot of mixed responses so I’m not sure how true that is, but mid to late December just seems really late.

@emilyns I know they were planning on waiting for the transfer application deadline to close (Oct. 15) but I assumed the internal deadline was the same as the external.They’re waiting for internal transfers??? Does this mean that all of the more competitive majors won’t look at external transfers until after the internal deadline closes too? Mid-late December seems unreasonably late. This wait is horrible.

@meganalise99 I thought so too, but the person I spoke to said that they were only talking about mechanical engineering and that each department had their own process. So I’m not sure about the other majors.

Okay I did a little digging and I think that only the College of Engineering is waiting for the internal transfers because of the different engineering majors. The only mention I found about internal transfers was on TAMU’s Engineering website and it seems like they encourage internal transfers for students to find their perfect fit. It would explain why a lot of engineering majors are still waiting on decisions and why so many of the speculation dates are skewed. I really hope we don’t have to wait until December, my heart goes out to all the engineering majors who might have to.

but I could be wrong, apparently we never know and speculation is useless this year because everything is backwards

Well yall, I have a great testimony and blessing from God to share… After being denied admissions for the 2nd time I decided to make an appointment to meet with an advisor to figure out what is wrong with my application so that I can strengthen it and possibly gain future admission. I took off of work and drove 4 hours to make this happen… After meeting with my advisor I asked her is there anyone who would be able to give me a solid answer and so she went and spoke with one of the deans and was miraculously able to get me an appointment to speak with him… After we spoke he said that I have too many credits to transfer into construction science… I have 67 and it caps out at 60… he also mentioned that my cumulative GPA is too low being a 2.67… However, he offered me admissions into the Univerity Studies program for the school of architecture… I took the offer but I’m not sure if this degree is a good one? I do not want to waste my time on a degree that will not give me a good return after college. Can @Thelma2 or @AggieMomhelp give me some insight on this program? You two are the best of the best and always provide excellent answers, Please and Thank you! P.S. In no way shape or form am I complaining about this opportunity given to me because I know this is only something God can do and I am extremely thankful.

Omg @AdamBarket congrats. That is absolutely amazing. Here is what I know. University studies is amazing but new. It allows you to have courses in your major (architecture, business etc) with a minor or two. I think this is a great option. I would take it. However I do not know much about architechture and what kind of credentials you need after graduation. I would talk to a arch firm if you can and tell them what you are looking at to see how that would affect your marketability after graduation. Does that make sense? University studies really allows you to make your degree very precise to what you need!

@AdamBarket
First off, CONGRATULATIONS!! Way to be persistent in finding the answers to why you weren’t being admitted.

I am just a parent of a Jr engineering student with knowledge of the admission processes and engineering. Unfortunately, I don’t have any knowledge about the architecture major and the university studies program. I’m so sorry. I wish I did.

My DS has tabs!!! Crossing fingers for the official acceptance soon, hopefully! (EE)