TAMU Spring 2019 Transfer

@AdamBarket Congratulations! I am sure that your perseverance impressed the hell out of them - good job! Are you going to do it?

@HopefulAggieDad Congrats to your son!! I am thinking now (after looking through last year’s thread) that my DD won’t find out until next week or first week of December. The wait is absolutely agonizing.

Anyone receive a letter from Financial Aid/Scholarship office before getting admitted? We use the USPS informed delivery service, and in my email today shows a picture of our mail to be delivered today - one of the mail is a letter for my daughter from TAMU Financial Aid/Scholarship office. Very curious and anxious to find out what it is. LOL

does anyone know a forum or a chat or anyone whos looking for a roommate?
or any good places to live that is affordable?

GOT TABS!!! Civil Engineering GPA:3.79!

Congrats @dataggieboi !. Can anybody answer the question about receiving something from Academic Affairs/Scholarships & Financial Aid before (or even after) getting accepted??

Congrats @dataggieboi! Thanks @JaceyK ! DS submitted and audited at the end of Aug, so it has been a long wait. We have tabs now, but still no official word, so even though we were jumping up and down this morning, now we are starting to get antsy!

We have not received anything concerning Academic Affairs/Scholarships & Financial Aid.

@HopefulAggieDad Congrats to your son! Definitely admitted. No one has ever been denied after receiving tabs!!!

Got tabs this morning!!! But I’m nervous, I’m taking Phys this semester but I am not doing well, thinking about dropping class.

@futuaggie what is your major?

@AdamBarket Congratulations!! Did you accept it??

@tr3wayy Construction Science

Hello everyone, what exactly does it mean to have tabs? & if you were to have any, where would you find them? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

@xxLegitTriggerx

After you apply, get your NetID, and create a Howdy account, you should have access to the Howdy student portal which basically relays all student/applicant information. When you first log into Howdy, there’s 3 tabs at the top of the page (home, applicant, and my howdy). If you see 3 tabs, you haven’t been admitted just yet. When you see 6 tabs, it’s the precursor for acceptance and your AIS page updates to “You’ve Been Admitted!” shortly after that.

I can’t speak from personal experience because I haven’t been admitted yet but it works for everyone else. I think my Howdy is broken.

I have 6 tabs at the top of my page. The ones other than “home,” “applicant,” and “my howdy” are “my record,” “my finances,” and “student life.” Is this what you are talking about?

@Boolincube yep! Those are the ones. Welcome to Aggieland. Congrats!!!

@JaceyK: My daughter was admitted about a month ago and the only thing we have received in the mail was her official acceptance and her banner. We haven’t seen anything from financial aid.

Ah I see thank you very much! I have yet to see the 6 tabs unfortunately but good luck to all! :slight_smile:

@aggiecheermom Have you received any news on financial aid or housing information on the Howdy website? My DS got tabs yesterday, still waiting on the “You have been admitted” message, but now we are starting to think about the other million things. I hope that financial aid comes soon.

FYI the letter from Scholarships/Financial Aid office was just letting her know that in order to be considered for FA/Scholarships, she needed to fill out a student data form which is accessible under the My Finances tab in Howdy - which she does NOT have access to yet. It did have “assuming you are accepted” so not a dead giveaway unfortunately. What a bummer. LOL.