TAMU Spring 2019 Transfer

@krispy1 no they have not said anything yet

@tr3wayy okay thanks

@krisp1 I have been denied for both :frowning:

@maxtdey @AggieCSdream @tr3wayy how many essays y’all have ?

@KrisP1 just 1 essay

@krisP1 I applied with two essays.

@AggieCSdream are you going to visit and talk to them ?

@AggieCSdream and how many recommendations and stuff ? @tr3wayy

@ I didn’t ask for any but for fall 2019 I will.

@KrisP1

Yes you should… @AggieCSdream

@KrisP1 I had one letter of recommendation

@KrisP1 My application is still in review.

This wait only makes me anxious.

@JaceyK I have some information that could be helpful to your daughter’s search,
Some of the apartments offer spring only leases, you just need to contact them beforehand because the online applications don’t always list it. Also some students, like myself, may be studying abroad or withdrawing and have leases that need to be taken over.

I am still under review for Computer Science. It looks like I didnt get my first choice of CE :frowning:

They said they had around 67-70 applicants and 5 seats for external comp science and comp engineering and they already gave away those seats to very selected people. Because they have internal transfers and other students from Galveston get preferred and we were left with 5 seats. The advisor said they also rejected a lot of people with 4.0. And they don’t see any changes if getting into comp sconce next semester also because the number of freshmen is increasing and thus they can’t promise people applying in Fall as well. So I would have backup plans and that’s what they suggested me as well. @lancemccluskey and @AggieCSdream @maxtdey

@KrisP1 that sucks! Only 5 seats? omg

That is very unfortunate - too bad this information wasn’t relayed early on so that you all were not left hanging for 2-3 months. :frowning:

So, this is how it works, First Choice: Internal Transfers, Second Choice: Entry to a major (something that only freshmen have access to, google it for more info), Third Choice: Transfer from Galveston or San Antonio and Last Choice: External Transfers which is around 5-6 seats usually every semester. And fall are always more competitive because of the incoming freshmen and other transfers and etc, so if i was you, dont expect much for next 5-7 years to have space for 60-70 transfer students. The adviser told me to try UT-D and other good university, but A&M is not a choice for me now. @JaceyK @maxtdey @AggieCSdream and etc who are still waiting for the decisions. This is what i got and i am sharing from the university. But if you are lucky, you can get in, and your probability of getting is at least 1 in 10 students and above. Worth driving there for 2 hour and 15 minutes in finals week, good luck.