TAMU Spring 2019 Transfer

Thanks, @KrisP1 for sharing this information with us! I am so upset from the Engineering school that they let us wait almost three months for nothing!! and for getting denied because of this reason! isn’t something that they should predict in advance??? I know we should have a backup but I was hoping to get in.

@KrisP1 wow thats insane. My application is still in review

@KrisP1 What do you think about TXST CS department? I am not familiar with that school because I don’t live in TX now (Coming from NJ).

Lol .@tr3wayy my friend is also under review, he has a gpa pf 3.2 ish or something and had one essay and is applying from community college.

@AIF9AIF I am an international student and I have been waiting since june :). it sucks lol

@tr3wayy LOL Sorry for you but hi at least your application is still in review we need to live with big a DENY

@AIF9AIF honestly, its not too bad, considering my only choice now, some teachers are teaching classes they have never taught before and some of them are just on temporary basis, and they dont have any fancy classes to teach. TXST will make you a computer scientist but at the end of the day its what you have in your resume, internships and any other extra side projects and your GPA. @tr3wayy oh boy where are you applying from ? and @AIF9AIF its not worth in TEXAS, there are 50-2 states to get your CS Degree in. California would be good choice and ofc its not too bad if you put in work, like i know someone going to EXXON, USAA and DELL, and even Intel, but they were super smart and had a lot of outside projects and stuff. But the people over here are alot kind and helpful then in A&M, speaking from today;s visit, students are somewhat mean and not so friendly. But again i am a human, and my review might hurt some people and bias, but this is what i felt and this is what i believe.

@krispy1 I applied as a transfer from HCC

@KrisP1 Yes I know that there are many other schools better than TXST in terms of CS degree but we are thinking to move to TX not specifically for school (I am not a traditional student). This is the thing currently I am attending a great school in NJ (top 50) and the CS department is great so I am not sure if it’s worth it to transfer before graduation to TXST.

@tr3wayy what is HCC ?

@KrisP1 houston community college

Oh nice … @tr3wayy

@Krisp1 Honestly I am looking to possibly to TXST or UTD.UTD added in a new major ,Data sceince. I am transferring from Tarrant county college.

@AggieCSdream I am thinking very seriously about TXST but I have some concerns about it. Is there any other good option around Austin?

@AIf9AIF Southwestern university and Ut Austin

uTD is a great school! Especially in engineeering. Texas state is up and coming.

Around Austin there are only private schools.

@AggieMomhelp UTD is competitive as TAMU or slightly different?

@AIF9AIF When my daughter was recruited heavily by softball coach there, we did some reading on the school. They are so close (if not already there) to achieving tier one status as a research school. They are up there with Rice, UT and other strong research schools. I can’t recall exact verbiage but yes, they are a very good school and have high standards. Good luck!

@AIF9AIF they aren’t as hard to get into as Tamu but pretty close. Are you the one that said you’re not a traditional student?

@AggieMomhelp yes 30yr old :slight_smile: