TAMU Spring 2019 Transfer

How do we access email?? Like what tab is it?

@slv818 we both have our 6 tabs and when your Howdy goes from 3 to 6 tabs on the main screen you’ll have “email” and “library” on there and that’s how!

@tamuagscs yes!!! When I got mine a few weeks ago my email was made that night at 2:30 am lol!!! So I think it’s super exciting and I’m sure this week will be when our AIS officially updates ??

I have my tabs but I don’t have an email? I’ve had them for a while now

Wait so does tabs not mean possible acceptance bc I don’t have an email???

I don’t have tabs yet but my audit was just uploaded today at 7:30 pm, so I’m guessing they could still pop up later this week? @slv818 and @msh020598 when did y’alls audits go through? Its making me nervous that I dont have tabs yet eek

@carlagodoy16 I got my tabs September 1st and I wanna say I got my audit in the 20’s of August?? So late August really. But I don’t have that email. Idk. I’m a mess this is rough

Yeah I can’t focus on anything because I’m so stressed about this ugh

How its going. Just wanted to join the discussion. I’m currently at Blinn with a 3.42 and applied for the Liberal Arts School. I have 6 tabs but I only have the library and not the email tab. Nervous!

@carlagodoy16 I got my audit on August 15th. Hopefully if they are uploading it now, they are getting the final push of records out before sending any acceptance or denials!

I’m with ya there @drich123! Anyways only a few more days y’all (hopefully)!!

something i found out is if you login with your tamu.edu account on google, they sent out an email, or at least to me.

@drich123 but how did you figure out what that email was??

@msh020598 I do not have an email but I have library. I am a little bit confused about the tabs. What is that?

all you have to do is type in your username and tamu.edu at the end. But this morning i woke up with an email and google drive tab next to the library tab

Question - if and when you get the official acceptance, how hard is it for transfers to find on-campus housing? I think my daughter wants to live on campus just for the sole reason of social immersion into campus life as well as convenience to classes/study areas/food (lol)/library. Getting an apartment isn’t out of the question (although from what I’ve seen - cost wise, apartments could potentially be cheaper than dorms?? Is that so??)…it would need to have the same advantages as the dorm though.

Our off campus housing is amazing here. So many options. IF your daughter doesn’t get on campus, try Park West. It’s located just off George Bush drive by the athletic fields. The amenities are through the roof crazy (pool on the roof actually) and most off campus housing provides ways for students to get together (pool parties, food events, etc.). Some may do intramurals, etc. If your daughter wants to immerse… she can find her way through thousands of outlets. It’s those transfer students that hold themselves back that may feel excluded. Also T Camp is a must. It’s like fish camp for transfers. She’ll meet wonderful students as well as counselors (students) that will make sure she is connected!!! Hope this helped!

@AggieMomhelp Hello! do you think those of us who have gotten tabs are accepted? the wait is killing me!!

Howdy! My son is has applied for Spring 2019 for a BS in Viz
Lone Star dual credit GPA 3.8 with 15 hours but will have 25 hours at end of this semester.
He’s an Eagle Scout, was class president & has won a few speech competitions this year.
Does anyone know his chances for Spring admissions or how difficult is is to get into the Viz department? (Underrated college of Architecture)

What do you mean by “tabs?” Is it the number of tabs on your AIS home page?
I have 3.