TAMU Spring 2019 Transfer

@cpacestx Yes! It goes from 3 to 6 tabs, records, student life and finances get added.

tabs are on Howdy, not AIS. Howdy is what they’ll use all through college. AIS is just the application status site.

@cpacestx your son’s chances are great. Viz is a great program and is competitive, but his stats look really good!!!

@tamuagscs YES, if you have the 6 tabs in Howdy, it’s only a matter of time. Have never heard of anyone getting tabs and not being accepted. (except freshmen if they get blinn team, they will also get 6 tabs).

Stupid question - I think DD has only AIS account - how do you get Howdy?

go to howdy.tamu.edu login is the same and you can access AIS from the applicant tab.

hey guys! I’ve been following up on this discussion probably since mid aug. I have already submitted my application and everything I’m just confused with the audit stuff and tabs…what are those? I submitted my application late aug, I think August 28. but can you guys give some hope or tell me what are my chances please please
I’m a Exercise Science major from UTRGV, 66 credits but 83 by the end of this semester (took college courses in high school). I have a 3.88 GPA and have been on dean’s list and president’s list.

@hopefulaggie12 Your GPA is great, my only concern would be the amount of credits you have.

@hopefulaggie12 I just looked up transfer requirements… you more than exceed the GPA but it is highly competitive. BUT in looking at everything, your number of credits shouldn’t hurt you. May actually make you more competitive vs someone with minimum hours. And of course your stellar GPA and awards will stand out. As long as your essay and curriculum show that you are serious about the major, I don’t think you’ll have any trouble! Keep us posted please!

I WAS ACCEPTED!!! Everyone check AIS!!!

Me too!!!

@AggieMomhelp I had a question! So since the NSC is mandatory but also very expensive ($208 for me and my mom ugh!!), would waiting a little to sign up be a bad idea? I know the deadline isn’t until December but I saw it was first come, first serve and wanted to get your opinion!

I GOT ACCEPTEF TOO!!

@msh020598 For transfer students there aren’t that many. You have to go so it’s not like they can’t put you in when you need to be there. I think there may be 3 total for Spring. Each college isn’t at every one, so you just have to make sure when you go that your college will be there. I forgot the conference was that much. I was thinking $100 for some reason. Ugh. So no, I don’t think it’s bad to wait.

Hey @msh020598 It should be $100 for you and $25 for parent. You can go ahead and book yours then add your mom. There are 2 sessions back to back. Jan. 8/9 and 9/10. Day one is all listening to different speakers and some break out sessions. Day 2 is when you’ll meet with your college and then advisor to register. You’ll be done around 3. Obviously need hotel unless live close. But for now $100 out of pocket. The rest of the expenses (parking, food and hotel will come later).

@AggieMomhelp okay awesome! They’re still showing all colleges are TBD for both transfer conferences for me, so I knew I’d have to wait to see whenever they do show up but was just stressing about if they fill up, am I automatically just denied lol! Thank you!

LOL, they will not deny you… you’d just probably get the worst schedule ever!!!

@aggiemomhelp sorry, just saw your second post! So I would sign up right now, pay $100 and add my mom for $25? When do we pay the rest of it? At the actual conference?? Sorry for bugging, just super new to all of this!

I fill out the whole NSC thing they give you when you’re admitted and the very end page is where we fill out our card info and it still totals to $208 :frowning:

TAMU ranked him 25th percentile as he homeschooled/private schooled his first few years of high school in a classical program (therefore all the speech competitions.) So I worry for him getting in. How competitive is Viz for admission?
And thank you in advance for your help!!!

Congratulations!!!