TAMU Spring 2019 Transfer

Wish y’all would also include when you applied, when audit showed up, major, etc when replying with getting tabs/acceptances. :slight_smile:

@carlagodoy16 @sullyboy87 congratz yall!

Ag Communications and Journalism
Applied: July 1st, 2018
Audit: August 15th
In-Review: August 16th-September 21st
Tabs: September 21st
Accepted: September 21st
GPA: 3.21
Transferable hours: 42

My son hasn’t gotten tabs yet, Architecture college BS in Viz

@sullyboy87 congratulations!

@cpacestx Nice to know! At least their is someone applying to the same college as me since no one is Construction Science on here. I’m honestly not expecting anything until after the deadline. Lets keep each other updated!

@AdamBarket Absolutely! And we were also told September or October by admissions but Architecture/Viz department recruiter said November?
And they said they don’t get a lot of Spring transfers. So, a waiting game! But in the mean time, he is taking classes including physics and trying to focus on those.

@cpacestx Ya I was told Sept or Oct too, however, I did not ask the actual department but November? dang thats a long time. I am so glad that you said they dont get a lot of spring transfers… that means our percentage of admittance is very good!! Super excited. Good luck to yall! im sure everything will go well.

Transferring into psychology, coming from from the University of Alabama as a bio major here
Applied: September 3rd
Audit: September 16th
In-Review: September 16th-September 21st
Tabs: September 21st
Accepted: September 21st
GPA: 4.0
Transferable hours: 49

Congrats

Hey guys! Does anyone know when the Animal Science Dept. usually starts acceptancing?

Transferring into MMET, currently at Blinn. Switched majors from Comp Sci.

Applied: July 13ish
Audit: August 20
In Review: August 20-present
Tabs: N/A
GPA: 3.32
Transferrable Hours: 66

In my transfer essay, I explained why my GPA isn’t where I want it to be. Taking my last two prerequisites for my major this semester. Any idea what my chances are like, and when Engineering decisions are made? I’m guessing sometime in October or November based on what I’ve read.

Thanks!

That’s the department that I’m waiting on too. I’m so over waiting. I got into all the other schools I applied and I just want A&M to get back to me too. :frowning:

@kass12

@Ookami17 I think you have a solid shot since your well above the minimum GPA If you have completed all of your required coursework. Decisions should come out in November You can still switch majors even after you applied? I am thinking of switching my second choice from computer engineering to applied mathematical computational sciences just in case I get rejected from my 1st choice computer science.

My daughter:

Applied for LA International Studies/Poli Sci with all essays and 2 LOR. Also met with department and advisors.
Applied 8/24
Transcripts rec’d 9/4
Transfer Audit 9/19
Tabs 9/24 Yay!
GPA 3.38 with 32 hours completed
Waiting on official acceptance

UPDATE GUYS!! I got my tabs just today.
So I’m a Kine major. College of Education and Human Development.
Applied Aug 27 or 28 (I forgot)
Audit Sep 16
Tabs Sep 24
Just waiting on my acceptance now!!!
At least there’s progress…

No, I started off college a few years ago wanting to pursue the CS track. However, after I held a job in the industry, I figured out that it wasn’t for me career-wise. Fun as a hobby, but I don’t think I could do it for a lifetime. I put CS as my secondary choice based on my work experience and the number of programming classes I’ve completed. As far as I know, you can’t switch your major after you’ve applied, but you can switch once you’ve been accepted and have your foot in the door. Good luck with your application, and thanks for the reply! @AggieCSdream

@AggieCSdream You cant change your major once your application is “In Review”… I attempted to change my second choice major yesterday and that is what they told me on AIS.

I’m so stressed about waiting. You haven’t talked to the dept. have you?