TAMU Spring 2021 Transfer

Hi all,
I am a freshman neuro major at UT Dallas and I’m looking to transfer into the Biology program at Texas A&M next spring ( Spring 2021 ) . This semester, I did pretty bad in an upper level neuroscience class because of how intense and fast-paced it was, and I didn’t do very well in general chemistry 1 either. I was having a lot of trouble adjusting to college and all that, and finally, finally (!) I got my act together. Next semester, I’m repeating both neuroscience and gen chem 1 , and I am pretty confident I can receive an A in both classes.
So, my question is, how forgiving is A&M, and I guess specifically the College of Science, for transfers with a rough first semester, but tremendous improvement in the following semesters?

Thanks so much for your help !! :slight_smile:

They do like to see an upward trend so that’s good. Write a strong essay to help support why there was a low gpa semester as well!! Best of luck.

Hi! So I posted this a while ago but just to ask again:

For a few of my required courses, I received low grades my first semester, C’s and D’s.
However, I retook those courses this semester and received A+'s. Do you think the College of Science will be forgiving of my very low grades in the required courses if I replaced them with A’s? I also have reasons for poor performance last semester, and my current semester GPA is a 4.00 vs last semester’s 2.15 GPA.
I also will be taking community college classes over the summer and am confident I will be getting an A in all of those.

@pbj1738 I think if you can relay these difficulties in your essay, they may be forgiving considering circumstances. Just be sure to have all t’s crossed and i’s dotted! Have your essay proofed by several people. Good luck!!

I wonder what my chance is, planning to transfer into Visualization with a 3.5 GPA as for currently and after taking my spring semester classes and some of my summer classes, I would obtain a 3.78. I would have 48 hours by then, I don’t know if it would affect anything. I go to a local community college. I heard that Visualization is challenging and although I am working really hard on my essay and my portfolio, I wonder if I need to volunteer more. I also heard how late the Department of Architecture admissions reviews our applications. Are there any tips on what to do financially during this time?

Does anyone know how competitive the construction science program is? I am planning on applying for the spring, my gpa is not that great it’s around a 3.2.

My son submitted his transfer application on August 1, the day it opened, and his application has been “complete and in review” for quite a while. Does anyone have any idea when the Transfer Audit Report might be posted, or when decisions start to be released?

@aggie1986 it definitely takes time and it goes by department. So there’s no hard set time frame. I do know when my daughter transferred, she applied in Aug and found out the beginning of October. I wouldn’t hold your breath to hear before late September but definitely check in on transfer audit. At least you’ll know the application is moving.

Hi I applied to A&M on August first and am still in review. I applied as a comm major with a 3.2 I was told by my advisor a 3.2 should be fine for my major but what do you guys think? Also when y’all start getting decisions could you post them so we can know when to expect to hear back? Thanks and gig em

My son also applied August 1. His Transfer Audit Report was finally posted on September 3. Fingers crossed, and good luck to everyone!

Howdy all,
I am looking to transfer into the College of Education as a Kinesiology major - applied exercise. I have 26 hours but am getting 10 more this fall. I have a 3.65 gpa. Chance me? and how long do you think it will take if I applied September 1 and already have my transfer audit.

Howdy y’all,
I am looking to transfer into the College of Liberal Arts as a journalism major. I currently have 26 hours and will have 15 more after this fall. I have a 3.65 gpa. My transfer audit says it was posted, but I am unable to access it. However, it does instruct me to cancel NSC housing?
This process is all very confusing, but I expected this due to the time we are in. Any response to this would help!
Best of luck to everyone!

The same thing happened to me, give it a few days and you’ll be able to see it. Also does anyone know if getting a transfer audit is a good thing or do they give that to everyone?

Everyone gets a transfer audit. Also, @sunny764, your stats are good. As long as you have required courses completed before you applied, then you shouldn’t have an issue of being admitted. It may take until October though to hear back. Really depends on department.

@AggieMomhelp Thank you so much! My audit officially published this morning. I completed all of the required and recommended coursework before applying, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed!!

Hey guys,
I applied as a transfer on August 1st for AgEcon and AgCom as my second choice. I have a 3.31 GPA and recieved my transfer audit September 3rd with 45 transferable credits. I was curious roughly what my chances are and if anyone has heard back with an admission status yet?

You have a solid chance but probably won’t hear til October. Ag is sometimes slower make decisions.

@AggieMomhelp Any clue as to how long the College of Education usually take for transfers?

No. I don’t. And this year could be different as it is 2020.

Does anyone know when we would register for classes if we are accepted?