TAMU Summer/Fall 2016 Transfer page

Howdy!
Figured I would get one started since I haven’t seen one yet.
I applied for the Spring 2016 semester and got accepted but was unable to attend due to personal issues so I am re applying for the Fall Semester.

Major: PoliSci
GPA: 3.2 (was a 3.03 when I got accepted for the Spring)
Credits: 51
Essays were solid, got two letters of rec, one from a former boss and the other from a TAMU Alumni at my college.
Applied on 1/1/16
How are y’all looking?

Howdy!! It is nice to see a thread on transfers. I am applying for the Fall of 2016.
Major: Business
GPA: 4.0
Credits: 24 hours
Essays are decent and I still have to ask for a letter of recommendation.
I am making final edits on my essay and should send it by tonight.

Hello, I am applying for Fall of 2016

Major: Business
GPA: 3.67 from Community College
Credits: 40- missing Managerial Accounting, but taking it in Spring of 2016

My essay is decent. I have a recommendation letter from an alumus of Mays grad school. Also have been offered and I accepted an internship for summer of 2016. Reason for low’ish’ GPA is because I was an athlete during my first year of college.

Good luck to everyone

Have yall heard anything back yet?

@ssppiikkeerr How long did it take until you found out for spring?

I have gone into review as of 1/13/16.
@joaquinacardozo I applied 9/15/2015 and got accepted 11/12/15. I was in the second batch of acceptances. Many who applied 8/1/2015 got accepted somewhere near the end of September and early October. As I’ve looked at previous fall transfer forums, most start to get accepted around the second week of Feb.

Hello, i am applying for fall 2016
first i want to thank you for creating this page
actually, i don’t have any previous experience with writing an admission essay, i am gonna start to write it but i need some advise about how to write the right statement of purpose for A&M and what are they looking for and how it should be ( The form and the length)? so please tell me about your experience with this essay. THANKS

@ssppiikkeerr Awesome! thanks so much, i applied january 5th to transfer in the fall. My app is under review, this makes me so anxious!!

@Adam666 Hey! When i went in to talk to an admissions adviser she told me to answer the questions.

Why do you want to major in “whatever your major is”?
What do you plan on doing with that major?
Why Texas A&M ?

So incorporate those questions into your essay somehow! Hope that helps.

Howdy!
I am also applying for fall 2016.

Major: Economics (COLA)
GPA: 3.71
Credits: 42
Currently at Houston Community College

My essays are fairly good, and will also be sending in a letter of recommendation. What are my chances?

Also, how would you submit a letter of recommendation?

@Bobmw1234 hey! I couldn’t tell you your chances because I’m not really sure what they expect and are looking for in that major, but you would upload your recommendation letter once you’re on the AIS page. There’s a tab there to upload any documents!

@Bobmw1234 Your chances are pretty good. Liberal Arts is pretty good about GPA more interested in LOR and Essays. If you are 3.2 and up and write good essays your’re pretty much in to any Liberal Arts Major. Like I said I got in for spring 2016 with a 3.03 and my major was History. I wrote more essays then they needed and I think that plus my LOR benefited me.

@ssppiikkeerr My application went into review the 13th of January, I’m getting some letters of recommendation uploaded this weeks sometime. Will it be too late do you think ?

@joaquinacardozo They say you are in review but you aren’t really in review. The average acceptances start rolling out the second week of Feb. So, I would say you have at least until the first week of Feb to get the LOR in before it really is being reviewed by admissions people. Not 100% accurate though, we could get a decision at any time. I’m still waiting for a LOR from one of my teachers as well, so I’m hoping I get in time.

Okay! Thanks so much for answering all our questions, helps my anxiety out lol

Are my chances significantly lower if I have not completed some of the recommended coursework?

@kafooxd What is your major? If it is in the liberal arts then no you aren’t at a significant disadvantage. I applied for History and got in for the spring semester without having any of the recommended coursework completed. Though, if you are in Engineering for example, you have to have the requirements met before you transfer in.

@ssppiikkeerr Thanks for your response! I am applying to Mays, so I’m not completely sure.

@kafooxd Mays is pretty strict. Typically you need to have most of the recommended courses done, even more so if you are coming in as a Junior.

@ssppiikkeerr Ah, okay. I am currently a freshman though. I have heard how strict they are so I’m a little nervous about the decision.