TAMU Summer/Fall 2016 Transfer page

AIS finally updated today- admitted :slight_smile:

Good Luck All!!

So from what I’ve read from these posts, is that I should be checking the “New Howdy” because that updates before AIS does?

And what exactly updates on Howdy to let me know I was accepted/denied?

@Adam666 I applied on Janurary 26th. My audit report showed on January 28th and I received the answer on February 16th.
However I don’t check Howdy everyday, that’s why I posted this a little bit late.
I’ll hope you’ll get accepted too!
We might get in the same class :wink:

Any other sociology majors out there?

@EncisoEngineer You have a good GPA and civil engineering has an admission rate of 70%.
I can’t see why they would denied you except that you haven’t completed chem 2 prior to you application.
However, they might ask your spring grades since you are currently taking it.
I am sure you will at least get accepted into Industrial engineering.
Good luck!

@dover30 On new howdy you will get a records and finance tab once you are accepted. It will show up before AIS updates. If you are denied, AIS will just update with a denial.

@ssppiikkeerr Good info! Thanks for the help

Any decision from Mays???

@tamufinance None for me

@dover30 @tamufinance Nothing for me either :frowning: If I’m denied admission, will New Howdy let me know?

I believe so. The waiting is killing me!!

@tamufinance Same!! :frowning: I think I saw another post saying they received their Mays decision mid-March to mid-April! :slight_smile: I’m hoping it comes earlier though!

Any communication majors other than me? Lol or any other liberal arts majors that haven’t heard back?

@joaquinacardozo liberal arts here! What day did you apply

@livinman I applied January 5th, my app went into review the 13th and my transfer audit was available on January 26th!

guys i have question! when the admission office review the application, are they consider your GPA from your previous college, or they count a new GPA based on the courses that will only transfer?

@Adam666 The GPA is calculated based on the classes that transfer

@jruiz389247 is that mean if you have high gpa like 3.6, but the courses which you got A will not transfer, they will reduce the gpa ?

@Adam666 yes, if you received an A and it does NOT transfer then your GPA will go down. My transfer audit was just posted this week and my GPA actually went higher because some of the classes that I didn’t do so well in did not transfer. If your worried look up your classes on the TAMU TRANSFER EQUIVALENCY website and put in all your classes…then calculate your GPA with the courses that transferred. That’s what I did :slight_smile:

@jruiz389247 I think most of my courses will transfer, but the bad thing that i have B+ in three classes which counts as B for Tamu, so I believe that my GPA will go down a little bit. :((