TAMU Summer/Fall 2016 Transfer page

They said that for engineering majors, the answer should be around April.
I am surprised that it took me less that a month to get my acceptance letter.
I was expecting to get an email that says that they need my spring grades.
Good luck everyone ^^

@aggiengineering I don’t think that Aero was going to ask for your spring grades, since your gpa is above 3.5. For me I’m pretty sure that they may ask for my spring grades, because my gpa is under 3.5. However I feel that the number of applicants is less than the last year, just an expectation.

So i was denied admission since i am currently a freshman and only completed 15 hours (currently in 16), however i was asked to submit spring grades. GPA currently is a 3.8 and im expecting around a 3.5-3.8 this spring semester,hundreds of hours of community service, killer essays, etc. what do you think my chances are for fall? 1st choice is civil engineering.

@pleaseaccept1112 Have you taken cal1 and phys1 and chem1?

@aggiengineering I have taken calc 1 and chem for engineers (chem 1 and 2 combined), currently in phys1 and calc 2

@pleaseaccept1112 http://admissions.tamu.edu/pdfs-transfer2015/ENG-civil.aspx
I would say you have 90% chance unless u mess up these two classes.

I applied to transfer for Agricultural Economics for Fall 2016 on January 20th and I am just wondering what my chances are. I am also wondering if anyone has gotten a decision from The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences?
Hours completed: 30 (I am currently enrolled in 12hrs for the spring semester)
GPA from Blinn: 3.87
Cumulative GPA: 3.7
I have all required course work completed except MATH 1325 which I am taking right now.
I have been checking Howdy and AIS a million times a day but the only change I have noticed would be that I do have a transfer audit available, what exactly does that mean?

Just received my letter of deferral since I only have 20 credits… Welp, that means I’ll have to send in my spring grades in May and probably won’t hear about a decision until late May/early June. Talk about a wait! Congrats on everyone for getting accepted!!

When I go to the new howdy, and click on manage my applications its not loading! Has this happened to anyone!?! Last time this happened my transfer audit was uploaded.

@jruiz389247 mine is loading! what major are you applying to? maybe they are updating their admission decision? :slight_smile:

@kafooxd AHH how exciting!!! i hope so:) and I’m applying to the college of education and human development (interdisciplinary studies) How long has your transfer audit been up??

Hi guys…
I am a currently a freshman at UT Arlington.
I applied for transfer for Fall 2016 as Sociology major with a 4.0 GPA currently. That’s 12 hours from last semester. I’m taking 15 this semester and should keep that GPA or very close to it. I know I won’t find out for a while because I don’t have 24 hours graded yet… but the waiting is KILLING me!

@livinman Me!!!

I’m a computer engineering major (electrical track) transfer applicant and my newHowdy portal added a bunch of tabs this morning. Home/Applicant/My Record/My Finances/Student Life/My Howdy…Is this a good sign? AIS still says in review of course.

@SystemAddict Yes, it is a good sign! AIS should update with an acceptance soon

What are your stats??? When did you apply?? @SystemAddict

So I got the acceptance!

Dwight Look College of Engineering
Major: Computer Engineering (Electrical Track)
Credits: 71
GPA: 3.63
External Transfer
In state resident
Work Experience:
US Navy veteran: 9 years active, 1.5 years reserve (currently a reservist still)
Tons of engineering related experience. Electronics Technician in the Navy for over 10 years now. Currently work at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in the Photolithography Engineering Department.
Letter of recommendation from the Commanding Officer of Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command.

I finished my application on 2/6/16. My wait hasn’t been as excruciating apparently. So…ummm…Howdy!

Good luck to the rest of the applicants!!!

@SystemAddict Congrats and Howdy!

Congratulations to all that have been accepted :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure I have been rejected. They changed my major to Communications (my second major) but I’m pretty sure they don’t look at second majors if you put the first as Mays? I could be wrong. I’m super disappointed, but it’s okay. Good luck to everybody. :slight_smile: