TAMU Summer/Fall 2016 Transfer page

Scratch that. I may be accepted into Communications instead of Mays. I’m not sure if I would accept if that’s the case…

Where would the tabs be if accepted?

@kafooxd hey good luck that’s my major!!

@jruiz389247 the tabs would be in newhowdy at the top of the screen. If you get the extra tabs Ittl say home, applicant, my records, finances, and student life.

I’m an Internatinal student. I’m trying to transfer out of a school that uses the quarter system. I’m a freshmen so I currently have 16 credits, and I know I need 24 credits to transfer which I will have by March 8. I know the deadline is on the 1st, but do you think I’ll be able to submit my transcripts then ? Or do you think I should turn I’m what I have now and then the updated one later ? I’m trying to transfer into Economics. I really need some help !
Thank You!

@ssppiikkeerr oh ok. All day today when I go to “manage applications” sometimes is loads sometimes it doesn’t. Has that happened to you by any chance?

@jruiz389247 Yes it happened a few times here and there. It also happened on the day I was accepted. I think it means they are looking at your application file.

Can anyone answer my question ? I’ll really appreciate it.

@acceptmeplease5 I would go ahead and send your transcripts. They want the transcripts by March 1, not pending. Send them, you will get a letter asking for your spring grades. Best of luck!

@ssppiikkeerr Did that happen for a couple days or one day?

@jruiz389247 thank you! Do you thinly hey reject straight up if you don’t have 24 hours ?

@acceptmeplease5 I mean regardless you have to have 24 hours to even be considered for review. So yes :confused:

@jruiz389247 It happened three times. two times on separate days, and once on the day I got accepted.

I’m sorry to keep asking questions. But the Economics transfer course sheet says this : “Transfer applicants must meet all College of Liberal Arts requirements in order to be considered for admission to the Department of Economics (24 graded transferable hours (minimum), with at least a 3.0 GPA at the time of application). Transfer applicants should have completed a full semester course load of 12 transferable hours (minimum) after graduating from high school.”
The 12 and the 24 seem conflicting, so I’m not sure ? I’m sorry to keep asking

@acceptmeplease5 your fine! I’m really not sure about the hours. Email the dean of your department. That’s what I did when I had questions. They are always willing to help. :slight_smile:

@ssppiikkeerr Yea mine did that yesterday and all day today, and now its back down!

now its back up…this is so frustrating

@acceptmeplease5

My daughter transferred after her freshman year from SHSU to the College of Liberal Arts. At time of her application she only had 20 college credits, which was in December when she applied. In October we made a visit to A&M Liberal Arts department and verified all her transferable credits which around 15 graded hours transferred. She had AP courses from high school that didn’t count. So we knew at this point she would get deferred and have to submit spring grades. At this time A&M helped her in choosing the correct classes at SHSU to take so the classes would transfer to her major at A&M. She had a GPA of 3.9 fall semester @ Sam and a 4.0 for her spring semester. No letters of recommendation, but good essays. So you will most likely get deferred and accepted around end of May. As that is when she did. We however we made at least 3 visits to the school before her acceptance to show her interest was high. Even if accepted in early June you should have plenty of time to get an NSC, transfer camp and choose classes. Keep in mind if you do not have the requirements of credits at the time of application to the college selected, you most likely get deferred (which is a denial). Don’t lose hope. You have time. Also, we secured housing in March at an apartment complex, which if you do make sure you can get out of the lease if for some reason your not excepted. Most let you out, but you have to have a denial letter for proof.

So I got my tabs!!! Waiting for ais to update. How long did it take to update?

@tamufinance Congrats