TAMU Summer/Fall 2016 Transfer page

Do they send scholarships with the acceptance letter or later?

I don’t think they send scholarships with the acceptances but don’t quote me on that. In order to get in I am pretty sure you have to have all of the recommended courses completed so if you’ve done all of them, you’ll be in great shape! There is actually quite a few classes it seems like you have to take to complete all of their recommended course work so I would go take a look at their transfer course sheet for Chemical Engineering if you haven’t already! If you haven’t completed all of those courses, they might ask for your spring grades.

I just got accepted into the College of Geosciences.

Congrats @golf1234. Does anyone know if they will send out any acceptances over spring break? I wasn’t sure if their admissions department was even open during spring break so I want to know if I should keep checking AIS and Howdy.

Just checked my email and it said that my application was under review for the Terry Transfer scholarship and that I needed to fill out an additional application. Is this a good sign? Does this mean I could have been accepted? I don’t see why they would be telling me about scholarships unless I got in.

@joaquinacardozo I’m an education major! I am missing a math class on the recommended list that I am taking this semester. I hope you’re right!

I would call admissions office and ask why they’re postponing a decision @ocea314

Has anyone checked their student information in NewHowdy and noticed their expected graduation date? Mine says Spring 2020 and I thought that was extremely outrageous considering I am transferring in over 60 credits (all fully transferable courses). You can check it out by going to NewHowdy, going to records, then student information.

Any one got accepted for the Engineering majors, I don’t know why they didn’t even review my application until now, since I can’t see my audit report. I don’t know how long we have to wait!!!

You will have to wait til after the Engineering Entry to Major deadline which is mid April. They know how many people they can take into their major after that

@Adam666 I feel your pain. I’ve been waiting since mid January, got my audit report in mid February, and still haven’t heard anything. Really hoping they start sending out a few decisions soon.

Anyone heard anything this week?

Just talked to someone from the engineering department and he said that they are doing their best to get decisions for summer out by April 1 but that he couldn’t guarantee that we would hear by then. Nonetheless, decisions for summer should be approaching very, very soon!

If you get asked for your spring grades, and your grades are better, do you typically get accepted ?

@acceptmeplease5 As long as your grades don’t drop, typically yes. Also, majors like Engineering are difficult without waiting till spring grades, so if your major is Engineering of some degree it could still be a denial.

Has anyone heard anything back from financial aid yet? Been in a waiting game for a few weeks now and its almost as difficult as waiting to be accepted.

@ssppiikkeerr thank you ! my major is actually Economics

@ssppiikkeerr I called the other day and they told me that transfer students don’t find out how much aid they are awarded until June. The reason for that is because they need our spring grades.

@acceptmeplease5 Then you should be good to go as long as grades stay good. Liberal Arts departments typically have a good amount of spots left over.

@dover30 That makes sense…but it’s also kind of upsetting because most of my other acceptances offered financial aid already. At least I’m confident that tamu should still be way cheaper than the rest.

@charlestmoore15 So if the summer applicants will hear by 1 April is that mean we will hear by the end of April? Actually, I don’t think we’re going to wait till May!