TAMU Summer/Fall 2016 Transfer page

So if nutritional science is our first choice major then they dont consider our second choice? and from what I have read, some people have received a letter stating that they had to send in spring grades and they would be considered for admission after transcripts are sent after spring semester. So maybe you will get to do that as well. Im guessing that will be sent through AIS. What was your GPA? @kcharles2016

@amandakate11 I emailed a nutritional science person a while back and they said they dont consider it. My GPA was a 3.5 and I had two strong essays and a letter of rec from the dean of my university… I noticed that my BIO class required transferred as the wrong one, so I’ll probably call in and see if that was the reason my major was switched. I havent gotten a letter or anything in AIS about spring grades yet either.

I dont think Bio is required I think its just preferred. I dont see why you wouldnt get accepted because you have a good gpa so they should at least get asked for spring grades. What was the date on your transfer audit report? Im trying to see where I line up as far as my application goes. It seems like its taking forever to get an update on my application. @kcharles2016

@amandakate11 I emailed a person from nutritional science a while back and they told me that they dont. My GPA is a 3.5. I didnt get anything about my spring semester grades yet. THere might be a problem with my courses that transferred over so I’ll have to call and check

@amandakate11 mine says the 8th of march

mine says march 9th so hopefully I’ll get an update soon. It has taken forever @kcharles2016

@amandakate11 hey! sorry for giving you wrong info, but I just called and they said that nutritonal science only doesnt consider you if you put them down for your second choice major. sorry about that!

Oh Ok thats good to know! yea i was confused myself on how they did that. did they give you any info regarding your application or applications in general? @kcharles2016

@amandakate11 yeah I got rejected from nutritional science because they give priority to people with more credits and classes for it done, but im still under review for my second choice major! I’m sure if theyre still looking at yours its a good sign!!

Oh ok i see, well im sorry about that. Hopefully It works out for your second choice, goodluck!! @kcharles2016

I just got my transfer audit yesterday. I found my second major disappears in howdy, but still shows in AIS. Any meaning for this?

my major is chemistry. I applied late and i have taken some courses from other country. It takes time to evaluate so my app is just completed last week.

@wyc1993 I think it means that they’re reviewing you as a chemistry major. Don’t get too excited its just a part of the process. I hope you the best getting in!

@semacedonio thank you.

Someone told me several of the engineering departments have been filled up for a while now by internal transfers and early applicants. Does anyone know about this or can they verify it?

@EncisoEngineer if it doesn’t come from the horses mouth don’t believe it. On the other hand that “someone” may be right, I guess you should withdraw your application.

Has your major changed on howdy? @EncisoEngineer

My GPA was a 3.3 with about 60 gradable hours and I was denied Aerospace Engineering. They are looking at my second choice now, Industrial Distribution. They said average GPA for Aerospace Applicants was a 3.7. Hope this helps some of yall that are applying for engineering. Any Industrial Distribution Applicants hear back yet?

No they have remained the same, I applied mid to late March so I believe that has hurt my chances at getting in. The only good news is that I’m an auto admit since I was too 10% in high school so they at least have to accept me into some major.

@EncisoEngineer I would pay no attention to that rumors that engineering is full. It’s the most competitive college collectively so they take their time on decisions. 3.67 gpa here, just got admitted to aerospace engineering last week. I applied in January.

It seems If you have above a 3.5 you have a good chance. If you have between a 3.25-3.5 they’re probably just waiting to see how many seats they have remaining for your term. That’s at last how the admissions seem to be trending according to this forum. Unfortunately below a 3.25 seems to be the threshold for most engineering majors.

Wait @EncisoEngineer if you were in the top 10% in high school and are applying as a transfer they have to accept you?

Also has anyone heard about Mays decisions?? I got into Mays as a senior in high school but decided to go to SMU and now I’m worried I won’t get in as a transfer bc the decision is taking so long