TAMU Summer/Fall 2016 Transfer page

Any computer engineering major here? I’ve been under review for about 3 months… Has anyone hear back ?

Yes they do as long as you are core complete and graduating within four years of highschool. I had applied there for business after high school and got in, but had decided I wanted to major in engineering instead and decided to go to Community college to save money and find out if I actually liked the basics of engineering. However, they aren’t required to admit you to the major of your choice, they have the option to offer you another major.

@OL2012 Just from this forum, I don’t think any computer science applicants have heard back yet.

Hi all, I just got accepted into Urban Planning, 3.5 gpa from ACC. Good luck everybody!!!

Rejected from college of science with a 3.85 in highschool, 4.0 in community college while dual enrolled in highschool, 33 ACT, and a 3.57 gpa from a more selective university than A&M. Don’t know how that happened.

did yall hear back today? @206fall2016 @Chilldude22

I heard back in mid February. @amandakate11

I actually heard back last night

I’m waiting to send my spring grades to College of Liberal Arts for Psychology b.s. And my second choice major, Women and Gender Studies. I applied with a 3.75, but I finished all the required courses and I should end the semester with 3.44-3.66?
Do I have any chance of still getting in? Thanks!

@mat2015 I can’t really tell you if you’re definitely going to get in or not. But from what I’ve read, if the Liberal Arts College asks for your spring grades it’s as good as an in.
I’m actually in the same position right now, so if you don’t mind me asking, did you have 24 credits and what does your AIS page look like right now ?

@206fall2016 did you follow up with admissions about your application? Your credentials sound way too good to be rejected…

I asked and they said that they cannot tell me why I got rejected. @charlestmoore15

anyone know when admissions typically send out admission decisions? like certain days of the week? or does it just vary?

@amandakate11 theres no set day except or during the work week.

@206fall2016 what classes do you have competed? At what other college? And did you try to appeal the decision?

@reconn78 I’ve completed sociology, psychology, biology, philosophy, and business at a Texas community college. At my 4 year college, I’ve completed stats, first semester freshman physics, calculus 1, and history. I have completed 30.12 credits. I’m at an out of state college in the north east. My college is well known to old people, but not well known among young people. I’m not sure if I can appeal because people who appeal are supposed to submit new information, but I don’t have any new information.

@206fall2016 The only thing I can think of is if you didn’t have any of their recommended coursework for the degree plan you were applying for. What major did you apply to?

@206fall2016 yeah I’m not sure exactly what the required coursework is for science type degrees but I know it’s similar to engineering. It looks like you only have about half competed. It Doesn’t matter if you have a 4.0 from Harvard, if they’re irrelevant classes to your intended degree they will reject you. Take one or two more semesters. Take physics 2 cal 2 and chem 1/2. If you can maintain your gpa I bet they accept you.

@acceptmeplease5 I only had 12 hours when I applied, but I took a minimester and I have 12 hours this semester.

has anyone received any new updates on their application this week?