TAMU Summer/Fall 2016 Transfer page

My Howdy has new tabs and my AIS says I was accepted!!

@kmstubble Same here! My AIS just updated! Wishing the best of luck to those still waiting. Gig 'em!

which school were you accepted into?

@EncisoEngineer Liberal Arts

Dwight Look College of Engineering: Industrial Distribution.

Awesome man! Good to hear you got in and that decisions are being sent out!

Congrats y’all!

@charlestmoore15 congrats, glad to see they made a decision on you. Will you attempt to transfer into Aero once you start taking classes? Or are you just gonna roll with Industrial Distribution? ID sounds like a good major anyways.

I might take a few classes and see how it is. I was looking at their program and they boast that undergraduates from Industrial Distribution have a 100% job placement percentage and you can’t beat that in today’s job market.

@charlestmoore15 congrats! Can you please tell me what is time difference between the time you had received the transfer course audit report and the decision you have received today? Also how many transferable credits you have with overall gpa? I mean if you do not have any problem to share those.

What NSC is everyone going to?

@sat4498 I got my audit report in mid-February and I just now heard back. I have about 61 transferrable credits with a cumulative 3.3. Kinda stinks but my GPA went from a 3.5 at the school I’m at now to a 3.3 on the transfer sheet because of non-transferrable courses.

@kmstubble If you are taking summer courses I think the only NSC is in May from the 25-26 so that is the one I am going to!

@kmstubble I’m going to the May 25-26th one because I rather get it out of the way with early, so I can already be ready to go before summer starts. I contemplated on going to the hybrid session in June because I really wanted to get a little more of a “funner experience”, but I’ll have three years at tamu to make up for it.

@charlestmoore15 Thanks for your reply. Do you know how competitive it is to get in to computer science? I mean I have 69 transferable course with overall gpa 3.81 according to transfer audit report of TAMU. Do I have any chance to get in as an out-of-state and also an international student?

@nahid123 I don’t know much about their computer science or computer engineering programs. Best information I found on the majors I was looking into was on the transfer course sheets. It is imperative that you have most if not all of the courses on their required and recommended coursework on the transfer sheet for the major that you are applying to. Even if you have a 3.81 GPA, if you don’t have most of those courses, they won’t care. Having 69 hours, I am assuming that you have a lot of these courses already completed. I just looked on the computer science transfer sheet and it doesn’t look too strict. They recommend you have Calc I and an approved science elective (not sure what that entails). The additional coursework says to have a programming course, Calc II, and another science elective. I talked to an admissions counselor the other day and they said their average for accepted applicants for the College of Engineering, in general for the Summer/Fall of 2016, was somewhere around a 3.6 to a 3.7 so I would say you are in good shape if you have those courses completed!

Got rejected for Mays

@Sharry95 Sorry to hear that. Was your first and second choice major reviewed? Wishing you the best of luck wherever you are!

I got the message at AIS. The college asks for my spring grade. Hope this is a good sign!!

@wyc1993 What major did you apply to?

@EHDGs123 Chemistry, apply for fall.