TAMU Summer/Fall 2016 Transfer page

@amandakate11 did you ever hear back? I just got accepted into the college of Ag!

Hmmm, my son’s first choice major of computer science disappeared today. Now it just shows his second choice of computer engineering. Did this happen to anyone else that applied for computer science?

@NosyParent16 I did not apply to apply to computer science, but I do know that the change means that he is now being reviewed for computer engineering, most likely because computer science passed on the application.

@NosyParent16 Mine never changed from computer science to computer engineering. That was my second choice major as well. Earlier in this thread someone stated when that occurs it means they are evaluating his application for that major now.

anyone transferring from california?

Is anyone else being reviewed for the transfer Terry Scholarship? @charlestmoore15 I thought I saw you say something about it. I was notified last week and finished my app for it on Saturday. TAMU seems to be generous with the scholarships! I am very excited for the Summer.

What classes are engineering majors looking at taking this Summer semester? I only planned on Foundations of Engineering 111 and 112. Possible Cal 3.

@reconn78 I finished my application for the Terry Scholarship a while back but haven’t had anyone follow up with me about it, at this point. I have looked on my degree plan and I am really not sure what they would want me to take. I need to see what classes will transfer over and which ones won’t. Hopefully, I won’t have to retake any of the classes I have already taken!

Hello. I just want to ask if there is any Petroleum Engineering transfer out there who have already received admission offers yet?

So I got a email saying that they were postponing my decision and wanted me to submit my spring grades. Is that usually a good or bad thing?

@bondair what’s your major ? it really all depends on your major

@bondair really it’s neither I guess. It is better than a rejection, but obviously not as good as an acceptance. It means they are on the fence about you. They are waiting ONE more semester for you to WOO them. Unfortunately, I was told by an admissions counselor back in February that if they held you for grades that you probably were not going to get in (by the logic that the seats in that program would be taken by June). I applied in January and was held in for Spring term grades in February… BUT out of the blue my major reconsidered and accepted me in April! So there definitely is a chance!

@acceptmeplease5 Electrical engineering. I’m taking cal 3 and physics II this semester, so I think
that may be part the reason why.

@bondair if they are holding off for your spring grades then you must have impressed them. I know usually engineering majors get denied right off the bat if they don’t have requirements, but also those seats in engineering fill up fast. All I can tell you to do is keep in touch with your department, so they are familiar with you and send in your spring grades as soon as they come out. I hope this helps !

@acceptmeplease5 Thanks for the help. I’m staying positive and taking it as a good sign.

@bondair Trust me, I understand exactly how you feel. I am in the same position, so I’m crossing my fingers.

This thread has been kind of slow lately, makes me wonder if the majority of people have already received their decisions. I talked to a few people about engineering admissions and they all said they would be out by May 1st, so what is going on? I’m losing a little bit of hope every day as I thought I would have heard back by now :confused:

I think most of the initial decisions have been handed out.

The next round should come when people submit their spring term grades. I think if you haven’t heard anything by now you may be in the applicant pool competing for the seats that people didn’t accept. According to my acceptance people have until May if they applied for Summer and July if they applied for Fall to accept their seat in their major.

I just checked and got into my first choice Civil Engineering! I assume that lady was right, it just takes a while for the decisions to process. I spoke to A&M admissions and they checked on my account for me and then when I went to check, it had been refreshed! Don’t lose hope everyone! I am still waiting on UT decision which is my preferred school because of the location!

My son just received his rejection letter for his second choice major - computer engineering. His first choice major was computer science. In state, 3.96 GPA, all pre-reqs except Physics, transferring 60 units. He’s been accepted to two other universities so far and we’re waiting on the remaining two (one is UT Austin). Not terribly disappointed, but still surprised. Good luck to everyone else!!

In the same situation. What’s your major? Are you also required to submit your grades by June 1st?