TAMU Summer/Fall 2016 Transfer page

Me?

I also curious about the admission of Petroleum Engineering. Could I ask if you can share more info about you? Thx

@WK2129
I also curious about the admission of Petroleum Engineering. Could I ask if you can share more info about you? Thx

@Almostnever23 What was ur stats?

I accepted my offer to the University of Texas, but I will be applying to Texas A&M University anyways with my updated spring grades in a few days. The application will be for petroleum engineering. I might end up coming over here if I am offered a decent scholarship.

@mightbcrazy So could I ask if you have got ur admission from cockrell PetroE from Austin? And could I ask what is your application status in Texas A&M right now?
If possible, could I ask your basic situation like GPA? Internship? Where are you transfer from? etc.

Thanks a lot and I really appreciate it!

@AndywantUTAustin Sure. My acceptance was for Economics at UT. My application for A&M will be a readmission ticket. I have a 3.5, I am a double legacy of the look college, and I am transferring from HCC.

@AndywantUTAustin To clear up any confusion about my timing and reasoning:
I was previously in general engineering. My deadline for the fall semester is July 1st (readmit ticket) so I have decided to wait until my spring grades come out to have a better chance.

For those who are applying computers science engineering please check your major choice. Cause my first choice is CS, second is ME, but today it jumped both from first major and second to ME. And I called the department and admission today they said it’s because the CS seats are fullfilled that’s why they switch me to ME both from first and second choice. I’m so confused now.

@mightbcrazy So you are in the general engineering and you want to get into PetroE in TAMU? Also, do you know how many positions for petroleum engineering every year?

Anyone know the average Transfer GPA for electrical engineering? Or just college of engineering?

I applied to TAMU in january and got my letter that said i need to send my spring grades in march. I just finished my spring classes may 12 and sent my spring transcript may 13th and my app says complete and in review now.
I am applying as a Agribusiness first choice major and agriculture economics second major. My GPA was a 3.22 and i have 24 completed credit hours and all courses completed were recommenced courses beside English 1. Anybody else applying for the same major. how long should it take to hear back now that I sent my spring grades?

@austinkimball52 No same major, but similar situation. Was told in april to send spring grades and I have over 60 hrs. Just sent them yesterday, hopefully they don’t take long to answer back, that way I can at least plan accordingly for the fall.

@bondair I applied for Aerospace as my first choice and Industrial Distribution as my second. Both of them are in the College of Engineering. I was denied Aerospace and accepted to Industrial Distribution. I called and asked if there was certain criteria I didn’t meet for Aerospace and they pretty much told me that the average applicant that was accepted this time around had a GPA of at least a 3.7. This was just from the aerospace department though. Hope this helps.

@austinkimball52 if your AIS says complete and in review, it typically takes anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks to hear back. You should call your department cause they can usually give you a good timeline. I called my department, and they told me I would know in a week.

@acceptmepls5 I just called and talk to the department and they said decions will be sent out next week and I guess he was saying we would get a letter in the middle of june but we can look on AIS and it will tell us right?

Has anyone that sent in their spring grades heard an answer yet? My application went into review last week and now, I am patiently waiting. I applied to Liberal arts (psych major) with a 3.44 gpa & 27 hours. I have also taken all the required and additional courses. I am just nervous!

@austinkimball52 Yes, your AIS page will update with your decision before you get the letter in the email. Your Howdy will also update.

Howdy! My application is currently in review after sending my spring grades.
I have a GPA of 3.4, major in Kinesiology and second choice in sociology.
Super nervous since I haven’t heard anything… Are my chances good for admission?

@iMintPink How many credit hours do you have that transfer? I’m also applying to kinesiology, but with a 3.33 GPA. My audit report updated yesterday but my application hasn’t gone into review yet so I’m just anxiously waiting… Best of luck!