TAMU Summer/Fall 2016 Transfer page

It let me do the same @Lins789 , does everyone else have access to this?

Yeah I don’t think those tabs mean anything I think the tabs that mean something are the tabs that say finance and records and those pop up after you have been accepted

Has anyone gotten a letter from Financial Aid & Scholarships telling them to click on the My Finances Tab in Howdy?? I’ve gotten that but my howdy doesn’t have a Finances Tab? It only has a a little box with Financial Aid Portal? I haven’t heard back yet.

I just checked my AIS and I’ve been admitted! Good luck to everyone else!!

Imintpink what major

@iMintPink congratulations! Hoping I hear back soon. Did you get your first choice major?

I’m wondering if they send flat denial letters to anyone for the fall or if they ask those who don’t meet the minimum requirements to submit their spring grades for an additional opportunity?

@Lins789 I know that Mays Business school doesn’t hold off for spring grades. I know several people that were given flat rejections from Engineering, Business, and Science majors. Usually colleges like Liberal Arts, or others besides Business hold for spring grades if you don’t have 24 hours or a 2.5. I know those colleges also hold for spring grades if you don’t have the required classes.

Thank you for the help! @acceptmeplease5, I applied for ag journalism and communications and I had a fairly low gpa when I applied and they sent me a letter asking for my spring grades. So I’ve been told even if you’re right below 2.5 they deny you and I’ve also heard that if you do better this semester they accept you, in which case I did much better, the best I’ve done in college so far but I’m still right below the bar :frowning: also, how do they figure repeated courses into your gpa? Do they average them together or count them as two completely different classes? Thank you so much!

@Lins789 You’re very welcome ! I was told by a counselor that if your gpa gets higher with your spring grades, you are typically accepted. If repeated classes are transferable, they are calculated as two separate classes. Have you checked your transfer audit report to see which classes transfer ? The transfer audit report also shows what gpa your major will be looking at. I hope this helps !

@acceptmeplease5 oh trust me I’ve checked everything I can!! I’m right below the bar because I didn’t expect blinn to be as vigorous as it is! I came from Tarleton with a 2.79 to blinn and my first 2 semesters at blinn were both below a 2.0, but after giving it my all this semester I came out with a 3.08 for the semester though my GPA is still below the minimum needed :frowning: so, needless to say I’m freaking out and it’ll be a week tomorrow that I haven’t heard anything :frowning:

@Lins789 I completely understand what you’re feeling! If your cumulative gpa meets the minimum requirements or it’s a little better, I think you might have a shot if your major isn’t super competitive. You should also try talking to an advisor in your department, they are always super helpful and it’ll be nice if someone that might be in the decision process knows you or your name!

@Lins789 I applied for agribusiness as first major and ageconmics as second major and I have been waiting for 4 weeks and still haven’t heard anything yet so I’m waiting patiently over here

@austinkimball52 Oh I feel you, the wait is killing me and I’m building my hopes up though I’m trying not to! My AIS hasn’t updated at all, on howdy I can see my app is under review. I hope the fact that they are being slow is a good thing because they told me I’d hear in a week and that’ll be tomorrow!

@Lins789 well I just checked this morning and my first major is gone and now it just says ag economics as both my majors

@austinkimball52 I think that means you got accepted congrats! My AIS updated to just say my app is complete and in review, and I’m really really nervous!

My howdy was updated this morning! I have tabs now that say “My Finances” & “My Records”!!

@austinkimball52 @aggienurse04 Kinesiology and it was my first choice major!

How long was the time period from ‘in review’ to ‘accepted’???

YES YOU GUYS I WAS ACCEPTED THIS MORNING TO AG ECONOMICS WITH A 3.2!!!
I sent my spring grades on May 13th and they had my app in review since the 17th of May and I just got accepted today so it was a long time to wait but now I can proudly say I’m a fighting Texas Aggie!! Good luck to you all