TAMU Summer/Fall 2016 Transfer page

I think that because you have completed less than 24 hours, you are still considered as a freshman.
You might get accepted in the school for general engineering or into the Blinn Team program. My friend transferred to Blinn Team from UH with 20 credit hours completed.

guys, i just finished my application and i will send my essay this week. about the transcript, now i am taking calculus 2 in a short session before the spring and it counts as fall session 2. for the engineering they required you to have calculus 2 to be consider for admission. if i send my transcript now, can i send an updated one with CAL2 after this session?

@Adam666 When will you be done with Cal 2? You can send the updated one with Cal 2 after you finish but they might end up asking for your spring grades either way.

i don’t have any problem if they ask me for spring grades. but i want to send Cal 2 before they take any decision, since calc 2 is required course, and i will be done with it by the last week of February. my college has a stupid academic calendar.

@Adam666 Honesty, I’m not sure when exactly your application will go in review. If you want to send it before you go into review though, you might want to hold off on sending in something required like essays or something until you finish the class. That way you can send in your transcript the way you want it. If not you can just wait it out and hope they don’t review you before the end of Feb.

Yeah bro, that’s what I was thinking. I should delay my transcript,and send it the last week of February, so I could send the updated one before they review my application. Thanks bro for your support.

Thanks! Yeah, I’ve heard of being rejected/deferred because of not meeting the 24 credit hour requirement but I’ve never heard of being offered Blinn Team as a transfer! I just love College Station so I wouldn’t mind if I didn’t get in for the fall semester, I could always apply again.

@jenn00
The thing is that I don’t know if he applied as a freshman or as a transfer.
BTW classes that he took at UH like diff equation and intro to engineering did not transfer so he had to retake them.
Otherwise, yeah you can still wait one more year at CC but I don’t think that just transferring to Blinn would give you more chance to transfer to A&M unless you are in the Blinn Team program.
Good luck.

When can we start to anticipate a decision from Mays?

I’ve heard sometime around April, I’m not sure if that’s correct though. Good luck!

@drycleaner13 So far away man!! Just gotta stay patient I guess

I’ve seen some get accepted as early as next week and others as late as April. It really just depends on major and time you application was completed.

Howdy!
I applied 1/13 and it went into review 1/22. Nothing has been added or taken away yet on any site. I am definitely a little overwhelmed about how high everyone’s GPA is compared to mine, but my spring grades will hopefully bring it up enough to get in.

Major: International Studies
GPA: 2.74
Credits: 27
Currently at Alvin Community College

@Amcdowell Don’t be intimidated, I got in for the spring semester with a 3.03. I would say though, if your spring grades brings your GPA up to a 3.0+ you will have a better overall chance of getting in. The international studies major requires a minimum of a 2.7, you are slightly above that. I’m about 60% sure they will most likely ask you for your spring grades before they make a decision. Just make sure the spring grades are great!

Hey everyone!

I applied 1/1/2016 and went into review about a week or two later. My transfer audit report has been posted.

Major: Interdisciplinary Studies EC-6
Overall GPA: 3.09
Credits: 52

I attended a private university freshman year and community college sophomore year with hopes to transfer to TAMU. Hopefully my GPA will go up a little this semester.

@ocea314 I applied for the spring semester with similar stats and got in to my history major. Both are in the liberal arts department, so you should be good to go. Are you in state?

@ssppiikkeerr Yes!

@ocea314 Okay, well you should get in. They may ask for your spring grades but as long as nothing major changes you should be good to go.

Hey guys! I’m so glad that I found this page for students who are planning on transferring into tamu for the Summer/Fall 2016 semester’s. I applied on January 20th as a transfer, and surprisingly was in Review by January 22nd. I applied to the Liberal Arts department as a Philosophy major and my Transfer Audit Report was up and submitted in Howdy by January 29th as well, so hopefully this means that we will be hearing something back within the next week or two.

@aggietransfer16 Howdy! Well, for as fast as you went in to review after applying I wouldn’t be surprised if you found out with the rest of us who applied a few weeks before you. Once the transfer audit report posts it generally means that you are officially in review. This week is the week that many began to here back in previous posts, so I’m excited. Hopefully we start to see some acceptances flow in to the forum soon.