TAMU Summer/Fall 2016 Transfer page

It is in review but I don’t think we’ll receive an answer by at least March or April for the most competitive majors.

Let me know if any of you guys see or hear anything back concerning admission! I applied for the Summer 2016 term.

Hey ya’ll. How can I tell if my transfer audit report is up? Where would it be? Thanks.

Also, please post when you guys hear anything!!! Good luck to everyone!!!

@hopefulaggie3 Howdy! Your transfer audit report will pop up under the manage applications folder in Howdy. You log in to Howdy, click the applicant tab, click manage applications, and scroll down and you can’t miss it.

@ssppiikkeerr thank you so much! Mine was audited on 2/3, does this mean they are officially reviewing my app? I applied to agricultural com and journalism, so not a super competitive major. I applied on 1/16. When do you think I should hear a decision?

@hopefulaggie3 Yes, It means you’re in review. non-competitive majors should hear back anytime now to be honest. Past threads have had people get accepted as early as 2/13. Competitive majors will hear back probably around March-April.

Well my audit report now says that I am being reviewed by Aerospace. I guess I have been denied by Mechanical engineering.

@aggiengineering Did they change your first choice to your second choice on ais or howdy? Or is it just on your report?

@ssppiikkeerr It shows "aerospace engineering"when I click on “manage my application”.
On my AIS it shows Aerospace engineering for both my 1st and 2nd choice.
On my audit report, there is nothing written.

@aggiengineering hmm, strange. Not that they moved to your second choice, but that they did it so fast. Typically if you are a boarder line applicant to the major they wait until they accept/deny most others and then re-review.

I’m sorry though, if you get in under aero are you just going to internal transfer into ME?

On the plus side, at least you are moving a long pretty fast and should see a decision soon.

@ssppiikkeerr I’m kind of disappointed but if I get accepted into Aero, I’ll take it. I’ll still be happy with Aero. But yeah, if I can, I’ll try to transfer internally to mechanical. If they don’t accept me again, I’ll finish my B.S. in aero and do a master in MEE. I still have plenty of options.

@aggiengineering Aero is a great major!! Honestly I’m trying to not get my hopes up too high for MEE, but if I get into EE I’ll definitely aim to internally transfer into Mechanical. However, not sure how the process works. Whatever happens though, I’m planning on doing grad school as well! Same boat, I suppose?

My advisor emailed me and told me they would make a decision in the next week or two at the latest. Decisions are coming ya’ll!!! Good luck xoxo

@hopefulaggie3 does this apply to all majors&colleges?

Does that mean this week we would hear some acceptances? @hopefulaggie3

@drycleaner13 @Gabbymac13 my major is agriculture communication and journalism, so I can only speak for that major but I talked to an admissions counselor and she said that most majors (with the exception of engineering and business) will start hearing as early as this week. Depends on when you applied since they do rolling admissions and how many applications they have to go through, but the general admissions has sent out all of the completed applications they’ve received so far and are now being reviewed by the specific college! This is just what I know :slight_smile:

@hopefulaggie3 thank you so much for your info!

@hopefulaggie3 Thank you so much! Glad to hear that we might see some acceptances this week! I kind of thought we might considering some people are already being reviewed for second choice majors. Figured that meant that first choice review is already almost done.

Howdy!
Applied 1/1
Transfer audit: 1/28
GPA: 3.07
Major: First choice Economics/Second Political Science

What are my chances of getting in? I currently have 41 hours (not including spring semester)

Thanks and good luck to all