TAMU Summer/Fall 2016 Transfer page

Has anyone heard anything for today?

Nope :confused: @Gabbymac13

@hopefulaggie3 Thanks bro for your instructions and good luck for you!

Nothing for me either. Though I know a few people who got accepted today.

@ssppiikkeerr To what school?

@joaquinacardozo Engineering (surprising) and Bio major. I’m just kinda surprised that I’ve seen more engineers and science majors accepted before Liberal arts majors. I’m not sure what their stats are.

Whaaaaat? That’s so weird @ssppiikkeerr I really hope we don’t have to wait that much longer

It is weird indeed @joaquinacardozo I hope we don’t have to wait much longer as well…kinda nerve racking knowing other people are getting decisions.

@joaquinacardozo @ssppiikkeerr yeah I definitely agree. Like someone said before, it’s hard to focus on my studies, but I keep thinking about it. Lol and yeah hopefully I’ll hear back soon since my major is in the Liberal Arts department and it’s weird as well that I haven’t heard back because you never really have many Philosophy majors at Texas A&M, at least since the past 2 years I’ve been in CS I’ve never met one before. Ha

@ssppiikkeerr @aggietransfer16 I check so many times a day it’s not even funny

Has anyone talked to the people in admission regarding liberal arts?

@Gabbymac13 this is what they said when I asked when liberal arts applicants would hear back.

"Howdy!

Thank you for your interest in Texas A&M University.

At the transfer level, the department makes the decisions. Your application is currently complete and in review. Once a decision is made, your AIS page will update first, followed by a letter in the mail. Decisions usually start going out in late April or early May through the summer.

Please continue to check your AIS page for future updates.

Thanks & gig’em,

Aggieland Admissions Customer Service"

@joaquinacardozo hmm interesting. Well, I think their recommended dates are off for sure. Most people who get accepted that late are either spring grade requests or people who apply near the deadline. I’m still leaning towards this week through next week for LA majors.

@ssppiikkeerr why did you think that liberal arts will still find out this week or next?

@Gabbymac13 Less competitive majors typically find out first. Most LA majors are less competitive compared to Mays for instance. What I mean by this is that for most LA majors as long as you secure a pretty decent GPA and write strong essays you’re in. I mean I got in for the spring semester as a history major with a 3.03 gpa and none of the recommended courses completed For Mays people with 3.8gpa can potentially get denied, so they’re more competitive.

I did some digging and some LA majors starting finding out as early as tomorrow, but most LA majors found out on or after the 20th of this month.

For anyone who has questions about when you’ll receive a decision from your specific department, I recommend contacting an actual advisor in the department. I’ve found that the department receptionists and general admissions advisors/representatives don’t really know the accurate information for wait times!!

agreed! I contacted someone in my department today, and they said decisions will go out next friday :slight_smile:

@jruiz389247 what’s your department?

I just called to mays and they told me admission are the one who makes the decision! I am so confused.

I was told that the deans office level reviews them and that they don’t review liberal arts until March. Ugh this is confusing