TAMU Summer/Fall 2016 Transfer page

I wouldn’t think think that the LA’s department would hear until March because some majors in there aren’t very competitive. The more competitive your major, and the more borderline GPA you have, the longer it is going to take to receive a decision. I would say that most Liberal Arts applicants would begin to hear more and more on admission decisions starting next week. Those timeframes they’re giving you, I’m assuming are the latest they will start giving you decisions not the earliest because that doesn’t seem right.

What does step 4 or 5 mean? I’ve seen it in other posts but I’m not sure what it is

@Gabbymac13 where do you see what step you’re on??

Idk I’ve just seen it talked about in other fall transfer forums and I have no idea what it is

@joaquinacardozo Education and human development. My major is interdisciplinary studies.

@Gabbymac13 @hopefulaggie3 Hey! From what I’ve seen, back in the day A&M used to have a “step” system that would show you where at your application was throughout the process. But as of today, they’ve discontinued using that type of system through AIS.

I called admissions to see if they had a timetable for Mays applicants, they told me to call Mays directly.

So I called Mays, they told me that I need to talk to admissions…

I called admissions one more time explaining that I was in a game of phone tag between them and Mays and they couldn’t give any sort of answer other than “The fall semester is a long way away so there is plenty of time”

@dover30 That’s ridiculous. I’m fine with waiting, but to say the fall semester is a long ways away is redundant. It isn’t the length of time that is the problem, its the fact that some of us have to let other schools know if we plan on attending or not soon.

does everyone have access to that financial aid portal? I’m looking for clues haha (I know im grasping at straws here)

@HerFavColor I’m pretty sure everyone has that! Also, does anyone know if AIS updates over the weekend??

I was able to find the head director of admissions email address so maybe you guys who have no clue when you’ll be hearing should ask him! I’ve read on previous threads that he responds pretty quickly and can tell you certain things about your AIS even if it hasn’t updated yet. His email is tom.buchanan@tamu.edu

Has anyone heard back on their applications today?

Nothing from my end. I just wish something would change. I don’t need to know I got accepted, but at least add my other tabs in Howdy, or process financial aid. Something to keep me from aimlessly checking every few hours.

@aggietransfer16 @ssppiikkeerr Nothing new on mine either! Has anyone emailed the head director of admissions mentioned by @hopefulaggie3 ??

@joaquinacardozo No, I haven’t yet, probably because I don’t want them to feel like I’m rushing them to make a decision.

Well, I asked for something to change today and sure enough something did. I officially can’t log in to Howdy or AIS at all. It just tells me they are fixing things on my account right now. I know its probably nothing at all, but you can hope right?

Yeah that’s why I didn’t email them ha…So my howdy portal is down…but my AIS page isn’t… is anyone else having this issue?

@joaquinacardozo My howdy and AIS is down.

@ssppiikkeerr Maybe it’s a sign of updating!!!

@ssppiikkeerr my howdy and ASI went down right before I got accepted! It kept saying they were doing updates or something like that.