TAMU (Texas A&M) NMF Vs UT Austin OOS BS Computer Science

Undergrad CS freshman.
Over 4 years, would cost $90k for TAMU Vs $145k for Austin (assuming we moved and could be considered in-state for second year onwards).
I could afford to pay, though it would mean some sacrifices. (And we would HAVE to move for UT. We are currently in the midwest. I have nothing against Austin.)
What would you do ? Also let me know a bit about you so I know how to take your answer.

How would you move? This is an actual guaranteed job in Tx? You need a whole year after the breadwinner moves and sets up home. Are both these COAs based on being instate? Even TAMU? NMFs could have some nice offers that really bring your COA down. no UTD?

Here’s my take… my daughter got into TAMU Engineering and UT (Architectural Engineering). TAMU is #15 in the US for engineering… UT is #11 (I don’t know about CS). She got into honors Engineering at TAMU, not UT.

First of all, the difference between #11 and #15 is negligible, IMO. TAMU has the biggest engineering job fair anywhere… and both schools are close to (if not) 100% placement.

I figure with the advantages that she would have at TAMU with honors, that probably makes up for the difference between TAMU and UT rankings.

She got a little more money at TAMU, but both are negligible… certainly not $55K over 4 years. That makes a difference.

At the end of the day, though… she just liked TAMU better. That is where she is going.

I don’t know if that helps at all… just my $0.02.

If I were you…

1. UT engineering (#10) vs Tamu engineering (#13): Does ranking bother you/your student? IMO the deciding factor for success is more from the student
  2. They are comprised with very different racial percentage. Does one way or the other bother you/your student?
  3. Have you looked into how to become a resident for tuition purpose? I’m not sure here but sometimes it is not a guarantee. If so, are you ready to cover the fees?
  4. What are the conditions for the scholarships? Are you ready to cover if your student can not keep up with the requirements?
  5. I read tamu’s new engineering building is more sophisticating. Is it something valuable to you/your student?
  6. The two cities are very different. Do you/your student feel comfortable one way or the other?
  7. How much is the difference (55k) worth to you?

Thank you all for your inputs, folks.