TAMU Transfer 2020

Hi! I applied to transfer to tamu for fall 2020! This last semester I earned a 3.625 gpa however I have a few hours I am also transferring that I took in high school that lower my gpa to a 3.4 I am applying to the liberal arts school to study communication. I am wondering what my chances look like at getting in? Thanks!!

I applied to A&M on Jan. 1st and I had two transcripst that did not end up being processed and complete until late January or early Feb. My application has been complete and in review for about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks now. I can look at my transfer audit. Is that a good sign? I applied for the agricultural science college. When should I expect to hear something?

@grace1111 You should be fine! Keep us posted.

@alyssa0liver Seeing your transfer audit means they have everything. Ag can be slow to review and admit. Without knowing your stats, not sure how you compare on paper for admission.

@AggieMomhelp My overall GPA is a 3.65 and I have 26 transferable hours, but will have more after this semester. Do you think that is good?

Yes, you have a very good shot!

@AggieMomhelp do you know about how long it will be before I get an answer back? I know you will not know for sure, but do you maybe have a guess? I am just really anxious to hear something! I got my audit report on Feb. 13.

@alyssaoliver it may be after spring break, but I’m sure you’ll hear before April. Anything before SB will be a bonus!!!

Hi! I am applying to TAMU for history and international relations as a transfer for fall 2020. I have a 3.45 GPA and 38 credit hours. My application is complete and in review, when should I expect to hear something?

Howdy! I applied to the college of liberal arts and I’m majoring in International Studies. My GPA without my spring semester grades is a 3.75. I received a letter back that I was deferred and that I had to turn in my spring semester grades when I received them. My GPA is still looking pretty high but I want to know what my chances are on getting accepted?
Thank you in advance!!

@AggieMomhelp Hi! I applied at the very end of January for Communications and still haven’t gotten an answer back yet. I emailed my department and was told I would hear back by April 1st so I know it’ll be any day now! She told me the other day that I met every requirement and my gpa is a 3.4 and that a decision has been rendered and I will receive a letter in about a week! I feel like a lot of people are hearing back sooner, although she said in the email she had just started reviewing applications in her office. Do you think I have a good chance? I’m really nervous about it!

I think you have a Solid chance!!! Stay patient. Every department goes at their own pace and right now they are all working from home trying to figure this stuff out.

@AggieMomhelp Thank you so much!! That makes a lot of sense and I can completely understand why it can a take awhile especially under the current circumstances (:

Hey guys, it is currently 12am and I am scared. It has been a little over a month since i submitted my application (2/25) and have yet to hear a response. I check AIS religiously and always refresh my emails hoping I’d wake up to good news. I came across this website because I was a little worried that my application wouldn’t get considered. On 3/24 i received my transfer audit. I was doing so much research on how long it takes for TAMU to answer to transfer applications. i saw that it normally takes 2-4 weeks after everything is received and processed. And with everything going on i feel like it will take longer than that.
I have a 3.26 GPA and 49 credits and transferring to the College Of Education and Human Development do I even have a shot in getting in?
Also I most likely may get deferred because i am taking two compulsory classes i need for my major.

Yes, you will most likely be deferred for spring grades. Your gpa is decent, so if you finish this semester strong, you’ll be good!

@AggieMomhelp I GOT INTO TAMU!!! IM SO EXCITED!!!

@grace1111 so excited for you. Finally some good news during this crazy time. Now you can breathe!!!

@asmp123 I’m currently looking everywhere to find some answers as to when I’ll hear back from Tamu and happend upon your comment. I was also deferred and told to send in spring grades. Have you heard anything from them? My current stats are 3.65 without pass/fail grades 3.86 with, I have 37 credits, and applied to Psychology.