TAMU Transfer Fall 2018

Hey guys! I just received my transfer audit yesterday, my GPA is a 3.83. I applied for Biology, BS and Biomedical Sciences. I have 60 credits, but after this semester I will have 75. What do you guys think about my chance to be admitted?

@thiennxx your stats are really good. Have you finished the pre-reqs required for construction science? What is your second major because I know a few who often gets the second major when they apply for that

@tiamcam1998 your GPA is pretty high considering it’s a science major. Biology you should be fine but biomedical is really competitive!

@amfw33 I think audit means your application is officially completed and in review? I don’t really know. Btw, is anytime visiting for their transfer day feb 10th??

@rowennguyen I didn’t see any pre-reqs requirement session in the admission. Can you give me the link if there’s any? and I didn’t pick any second major.
Btw, is it ok to take university physic instead of college physic since Construction science only requires College physic?
Thank you.

@thiennxx http://admissions.tamu.edu/admissions-staging/media/Main/pdfs-transfer2017/ARCH17-ConstructionSci.pdf

You just need business math 2 and college physics, that is it! And why didn’t you pick a second major?? No, it has to be Psy 1401.

@rowennguyen well, I took the Calculus 1 (MATH 151) but I found that “MATH 141+142 or MATH 171 will count for MATH 151”, so I guess it’s ok for the Math class.
But I took both University physic 1 & 2 (Phys 2325 and Phys 2326) instead of college physic (Phys 1401). My CC advisor told me that University physic can cover the College physic since it’s harder.
I’m really confused now.
Can we add a second major after the application is sent?

@thiennxx No, after you’ve received your audit you cannot :frowning: . And really? I would call the admissions contact number to make sure because you may be right. Anatomy at my current college counts as a life and physical science but it doesn’t at a&m but if I took it at my college that counts as a core curriculum then it’s okay, so I would call to make sure!

Is anyone planning on transferring as a Public Health major? I read a similar discussion from Fall of 2017 about most getting deferral letters asking for Spring grades before a final decision was made. I have a 4.0 GPA with 48 credit hours. I also applied in accordance with a Senate bill, which states that once a college student has completed the core curriculum in an accredited community college and they graduated in the top ten percent of their class, then they have automatic acceptance within enrolling in a university upon 4 years after graduation. However, TAMU states that your choice of major is not guaranteed. I am still taking 3 prerequisites, which are considered “required” for students wishing to transfer into Public Health. If I was accepted, would I also have to wait to send in my Spring grades or would I be accepted the same time someone who DID complete all of the prerequisites upon application due to the automatic acceptance rule? I read that some schools admitted transfer students the second week of February. Sorry, just anxious!

Did anyone do just one transfer essay or both (a & c)? I was wondering if only doing one would impact your chance of admission versus doing both.

@oliveduets I have never heard of that. I think it matters mainly if you have completed all the pre reqs for public health.

@preservable I was told that a second essay would be best if you’re wanting to major in a competitive field such as business or a science degree. Otherwise, no, it honestly is not a big factor at all

@rowennguyen Well, do you know how competitive the poli sci program is cause that is I applied for as my first choice major

@preservable liberal arts in general is the least competitive so I would say you’re good. Although, economics is the most competitive in the department.

@thiennxx I wouldn’t sweat it too much. Those 2 classes are recommended. Not required.

@rowennguyen The only thing is that I’m currently taking Calculus 2 (other than that I have all of the required course works and have completed some additional courses), so I expect to get denied and then have the opportunity to send in my Spring grades, I’ll keep posted!

@safarijared Yea but having all the recommended gives you a way higher chance.

@tiamcam1998 yes, most likely but I’m sure you’ll get in!

Based on last years thread- the liberal arts applicants started seeing “tabs” appear (which I think means your accepted) this week and next.

Where would we find the tabs? Howdy or the applicant page? @sherry717

@rowennguyen usually you will see it at Howdy! Now we only have three