TAMU Transfer Fall 2018

33 hours and 3.73 GPA @walldoor

I just received my admissions decision and the College of Science would like to postpone their decision in order to re-review my file once the spring semester is complete and after I send in my spring grades. I expected this to happen! Best of luck to those who are still waiting for their decisions!

I just got my decision today for sending in spring grades for the College of Education and Human Development!

My daughter applied in Ag to transfer the last two semesters. She met with her advisor after she didn’t get in last semester and was told she was missing one class. She took that class in the fall and applied again for fall. Her audit was done early January and then updated on January 23rd once her other transcript was received with that class on it. It is showing on the last audit. Yesterday her AIS and Howdy changed to her second choice major so I called admissions and explained the class situation and was trying to find out the reason she was denied. She ended up emailing the advisor and received an email back saying she was denied because she wasn’t core complete due to her not completing that course. She replied and told him she completed it and it was updated on her last transfer audit. She didn’t hear anything today and is trying to get a higher up in the department since it is their mistake. Has anyone heard of this happening before? We are praying they will fix the issue and she will be admitted, but are nervous. I’m sorry for the long post :). Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and hopeful for the ones still waiting.

@tiamcam1998 Why did they postpone their decision? Do you not completely meet hour / core requirements or something?

I applied a week or so ago to transfer as a CS Major and I have 52 hours already. Still waiting for my transcripts to get sent in / make my audit.

@Tursko @tiamcam1998 I’m curious as well. If you don’t mind me asking, what major did you apply to with how many hours completed/gpa?

What does “impacted major” mean? I can’t find the term defined anywhere on the A&M website.

congrats to all those that have already been accepted- my daughter was admitted last week. Has anyone that was accepted last week gotten the thing in the mail that I’ve seen people post pictures of- the fold out thing? good luck to those still waiting- very stressful time!

@dmarshall from a bit of googling, most colleges said something like this.
“All San Diego State University majors and pre-majors are designated as impacted, meaning they have more students wanting to declare that major than can be accommodated. Students who are admitted to SDSU are placed in the pre-major of that program (if all requirements are met at the time of admission).”

Here is an article on it. https://blog.collegevine.com/can-applying-under-a-certain-major-affect-your-chances-at-admission/

@mexicanvanilla @Tursko They postponed their decision because I am currently taking Calculus 2 (only class left on the required course work transfer sheet). Besides that, after this spring semester I will have a total of 75 credits, my current GPA is a 3.81, and I applied for Biology!

@tiamcam1998 ahh okay! That makes sense. Good luck! I am sure you’ll get accepted :slight_smile:

Has anyone heard back from Department of Architecture?
It’s been a week since I received my audit.

@thiennxx I’m applying as a Landscape Arch and do not recive my Audi yet. Applied 1/16!

My results so far.

Applied through ApplyTexas on 2/9/18
Received login on 2/13/18
1st transcript was received on 2/16/18
2nd transcript was received on 2/17/18

It now says “My App Is Complete And In Review”

@amfw33 I submitted the application on 1/19 and received the audit on 2/6.
The waiting is killing me. -.-

@thiennxx Where will it show the audit?

@Tursko If you get your audit, you can find it in Howdy. Go to the applicant then Manage application and click on it.

Good luck

Hey guys!

Im Joseph and I’m applying to the College of Communications with a 3.33 GPA on 36 hours of completed work. I have 5 service projects I put on record from high school, as well as EC’s from high school. Also, I had an Ag who I know very well and is successful write me a recommendation letter.

Overall: 3.33 GPA, 1 rec letter, 36 hours completed.

Sent application: today, sending transcript and rec letter by mail tomorrow.

What do y’all think my chances of admission are?

Thanks and Gig em.

Okay, we have an answer regarding my last post about my daughter being denied due to not completing core requirements. Her transfer audit was updated January 23rd and we can see the last class that she needed on there, but admissions cannot see it because the transcript wasn’t processed until January 31st. They had to go into her file and it was somewhere different than with the transcripts. She is core complete and they told her this happens sometimes, so she needs to meet with the agriculture department to see if they will review her and admit her. She emailed her advisor and hasn’t heard back from him yet, but did email a higher up in the department and she heard back from her last night. She has an appointment with a different advisor that is higher up tomorrow. We are praying they will review everything and mark her as core complete in their system and admit her. We are nervous, but feel better since it happens periodically. If you’re core complete and are trying to transfer, make sure they have everything on the audit and double check with the department. Good luck to everyone still waiting for decisions and congrats to everyone who has been accepted. Hoping we get good news tomorrow :slight_smile:

Hi guys! I was just wondering if you guys know how competitive Kinesiology is? I applied with that as my first choice, and psychology as my second and I’m very nervous