TAMU Transfer Fall 2018

Update to my last post…my daughter got an email this afternoon from her advisor saying that they had missed the class on the transfer audit or when the application was completed and that He verified that she is core complete. He talked with the admissions committee and they agreed to admit her for fall. We are completely in shock, but so excited!!!

@MJS0407 congrats! Glad yall got it all worked out!

@Tursko thank you so much! Hope you get good news soon. Make sure you follow up and keep an eye on everything.

Well, clearly I’m a glutton for punishment - after being denied for having too many hours in Spring 2018, I’m trying again for Biology for Fall 2018 using Academic Fresh Start. That puts me at 70 credit hours (it’ll be 87 after this current semester, so I’m getting close again - eek), including all the required courses and most of the recommended ones, with a 4.0 GPA. I have several national awards from my previous career, a pretty extensive amount of volunteering commitments, and a recommendation from a professor who actually approached me and asked to write one (so at least I’m guessing she’ll be positive!). And honestly, I’m nervous as heck. I hate the waiting game.

Anyway… congrats to everyone who has gotten good news so far, and best of luck to those who are still waiting! It’s nice to have this board so we can at least suffer together. :wink:

Has anyone been admitted into the animal science department? Wasn’t sure if they wait until the deadline 3/1 before they start reviewing applications. Good luck to everyone.

Where in Howdy do we find the audit? I can’t find mine.

Top left when you click on the lines a drop down menu appears. Click on applicant. Scroll down to manage application and click. If they have done one on you, it will be at the bottom of the page.

Finally got my audit today. Luckily every single class I’ve taken transfers over!

My results so far.

Applied through ApplyTexas on 2/9/18
Received login on 2/13/18
1st transcript was received on 2/16/18
2nd transcript was received on 2/17/18
Transfer audit received on 2/23/18

Now we wait…

@Tursko what major are you applying for?
I’m applied for college of Architecture on Jan. 13, and did not get my transfer audit yet!

@amfw33 Computer Science.

Maybe your major is one of the slower ones.

It surprises me that you haven’t gotten your transfer audit yet. A&M received my last transcript on 2/20 and they had my transfer audit up this morning.

@Andalucian yah I know, most people get their Audit a week after they applied.
What is your major?

I got accepted and will be a sophomore in the fall. I want the college experience but I am also vegetarian so I will have to live on the meal plan which does not include many options :confused: However, I would also like more privacy. I will have my car. Which one would you choose?

Dorm- $3,300 dorms + $2,100 meal plan per semester. On campus so classes are walking distance. More social and I can be more involved on campus and use their library.

Off campus housing- I found one about 10 minutes away from campus. I don’t mind driving but would like to take naps sometimes when I’m off class haha. It is $550 per month all utilities + electricity included. I get my own room + bathroom. I can cook my own meals and I do not eat that much. I will get the meal plan for lunch only so that is $1400 per semester. I am joining a sorority so I will be social anyways right? I honestly have no clue what to choose :confused: I feel off campus would be much cheaper but don’t think I can be much involved with anything. I will definitely get off campus junior year. Is TAMU meal plan bad??

I’m Biology. Hope they come through with your audit pretty quickly!

@gunb20 hey i’m applying to mays too! I’ve been checking everyday, have you heard anything back? I have 48 hours and 4.0 GPA as well

@hulihoo Right on that’s awesome! Hahaha I’m on the same boat, checking Howdy, AIS, & this forum habitually. I’ve yet to hear anything besides the regular “Under Review” status. Good luck!

@gunb20 I feel that. I am constantly checking like its gonna change haha. Driving me crazy

@gunb20 Good luck to you too! I’ve been checking non-stop. I saw in last year’s thread some people found out before the deadline so I feel like it can be any day now…

Hey guys, I sent in my college transcript and everything last Monday, the 19th. They finally received it on Friday, which was much later than I thought it would be. The only thing is instead of showing a check for my transcript on the AIS it shows the alert symbol, which means that “ it was received but may or not be acceptable”. Was this what happened for y’all too, meaning they’re probably just processing it, or could it actually mean something may be wrong with it and they’ll need another sent before Thursday? (March 1st, deadline day) I feel like if something were actually wrong with it they would email me asking for another, but no such thing has happened yet. Thanks and good luck to all.

@jahughey I would shoot them an email. I doubt they would let you know.