TAMU transfer housing

Howdy- my DD is hoping to transfer as a sophomore to TAMU next fall. She was accepted this fall as a freshman but unfortunately chose another school and now regrets it. My question is where do most transfer students live? Is it mostly freshmen who live on campus or will there be other transfer students in the dorms or apartments? Any input would be so appreciated as this is my biggest concern for her. Thank you!

@Hollymt5 There are tons of subleases for incoming transfer students of current A&M students who are studying abroad, have internships or not returning. There is likely a FB group for her graduating class, Reddit, and TexAgs. I am sure there are other sources too. Win Win for incoming transfers and current students

You might call housing and see if they can answer your questions…upper class can live in any dorm, but maybe they can tell you if statistically they flock to one dorm in particular. I think you learn so much by living physically on campus. My freshman is in The Commons and has enjoyed having everything right there…especially with all the rain we have had this year.

@hollymt5 Lots of great places on campus. I would suggest White Creek for a sophomore. It’s apartment style with full kitchen and washer/dryer. There 4 bedrooms with 2 or 4 bathrooms and then smaller size as well. They are 10 month leases which are nice because they get to move in sooner and it doesn’t shut down during winter break. It’s on west campus but this year they added West campus community center which is like a small MSC. It’s amazing.

So basically, she’d live on campus, which yes is more freshman than anything else, BUT it will be an apartment so she’s living more like a sophomore or higher. Win win