Tamu Transfer Spring 2018

Application Opens in 3 weeks so i figured id start a thread so we can talk and see the progress like the past threads I’ve seen on here.

I am applying for Construction science with a 3.2 Gpa with all the required course work for the major. Does anyone know if i have a good shot of being admitted?

@Coscitamu I think your chances are pretty good. When I met with the COSC advisor last fall, she said to be competitive, a 3.2 gpa was needed and all required coursework, so sounds like you’re there. Good Luck!

I also followed this thread closely, there are a bunch of other majors in the thread, but there are a few COSC also for comparing to

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1914496-spring-2017-transfer-to-texas-a-m-anyone-else.html

Hi i’m applying to political science with a 3.0 gpa. What are my chances?

@mudboat thanks!! so when are you applying and what is your gpa if you don’t mind me asking?

@Coscitamu I was just admitted for this Fall, I had 3.42 when I applied, but my decision was postponed for Spring grades, then I brought it up to 3.59, and was admitted this June. The wait was long, but worth it! Good Luck!

@ekka123 sorry, I have no idea about PoliSci…maybe ask on a new thread, maybe other PoliSci transfer will be more likely to chime in! Good Luck also!

Hi I applied to transfer into industrial distribution with a 3.82 with 32 credit hours, what are my chances of getting accepted? I am nervous

I applied a week ago with a 3.57 GPA for Kinesiology with 27 credit hours. AIS has said in review for 4 days. Honestly, I am not nervous. I feel really good about it! I am 40 years old so this will be a complete life change for me. I really want my Aggie ring.

I applied to transfer to agricultural science. I have a 3.35 GPA with 31 credits.

@madisonkettler i don’t think you should be worried you have a strong pa. although i don’t know what a competitive gpa is for your major you have a very strong one.

I have a question for everyone who applied as transfer. How many Extracurricular Activities or hours of this have you guys completed and put on your application. I have none :frowning: and that worries me. i just went to my junior college took all my prerequisites and now im applying, wondering just how many people got involved in their junior college?

I applied a few days ago and I was wondering when anyone thinks they will let me know if I got in or not?

Just curious, has anyone heard back from TAMU about their admission decision yet? & if so how long did it take from the time you submitted your app to hearing back from them?

Hi. Does anyone know about Industrial Engineering transfer gpa? And what it takes to get a transfer admit?

I applied the 6th of July and still have not heard back. The “Howdy Portal” (AIS) still says “In Review”. It’s a waiting game.

DD applied as transfer to School of Arch, Environmental Design program. Pretty good stats, but now waiting on her transfer audit. Hopefully everything transfers. She was very careful when selecting classes at the community college. How long have the course audits been taking?

I am applying for Aerospace engineering and petroleum engineering with 3.54 gpa and 40 credits from uta. I have 4.0 in the recommended coursework. What are my chances?
And can i get out of state waiver?

I just noticed my transfer audit was up but not sure how long it’s been there. Lol. I was very careful too and all my credits transferred! Happy about that.

DD transfer audit showed up in Howdy on Friday. Thankfully, all of her credits transfered. Now we just wait to hear back on the application.

Hey! I’m applying to political science with a 3.73 GPA and 30 credits. I’ve also got all the required/recommended done as well as some of the additional coursework. Hopefully we’ll all get some good news!