Tamu Transfer Spring 2018

@MasonB98 when did you apply? I’m still waiting. It’s driving me crazy!!! I applied late because I was taking summer classes, and living overseas.

If I applied to the College of Education on the deadline (October 15th) when should I hear back?

Thank you, I’m still waiting on my acceptance (if I get one) still hasn’t changed on AIS. Where do you live right now? @Coscitamu

If you applied closer to the deadline, I would mentally prepare myself on hearing something in mid November. It may be before, but it’s better to think it’s gonna take longer.

@Texas1990 I live outside of Houston about 30 minutes right now, looking to be moved in and settled at least by Jan 1!

I got my tab this morning! One step closer - I hope!!!

I got tabs this morning. I have a 3.76 gpa with calc 1 completed and currently taking calc 2. I will have 56 hours after this semester and will most likely have a B in calc 2 and the rest of my classes with an A. Does anyone know what a competitive gpa for Econ is?

Got my tabs for
Ocean Engineering

Does anyone know when we will start to hear from the Agricultural department?

Anyone who applied Mid-October for Education, have you received a decision yet? (I’m so anxious to know whether I’ve been admitted or not)

Got accepted! If you get tabs on howdy portal that means you are accepted. I got tabs and then about 4 days later I got accepted. I applied October 12th and got accepted on Halloween.

Worried about my transfer…Anyone heard from the Engineering college? I fear that if I haven’t heard a response yet then it’ll turn out denied. Supposedly that’s what has happened to most people who don’t hear a response before mid-November. They just keep plucking applicants until they can’t fit any more.

@EchoSolar the engineering school doesn’t begin reviewing applications until the submission deadline closes. And based on threads from previous years, they don’t dish out any decisions until mid/late November. Try not to worry!

Have you already compared your stats to those available under the transfer guide for admission to each department?

@EchoSolar @tonpere I got my accepted on the Oct 31 for ocean engineering. Keep you head up, there are probably a ton more applications for those guys to sift through.

@robertluke That’s at the Galveston campus, correct? Looks like a super cool program!

@tonpere Yes. They are transitioning the program from College Station to Galveston, while phasing out some engineering technology program. I spent 5 years in the Navy as an Machinist Mate and have a 4.0 post-military gpa, so I’m sure that helped in getting selected relatively fast.

@robertluke probably so! I was accepted into their marine engineering program, but I don’t think I’m cut out for sea living so I’m really crossing my fingers for computer science!

@tonpere who told you that? I got accepted to electrical engineering in mid september already!!

@motconga123 What was your community college gpa if you dont mind me asking?

@Bryce808 I did not transfer from community college, I transferred from UTD with gpa of 4.0

@motconga123 as I said, based on previous discussion boards that’s when decisions have been going out. Great job on your acceptance!