Tamu Transfer Spring 2018

@EchoSolar My dauhter got accepted to Industrial Engineering last September 26th Good luck!

Did anyone else get an email from tamu about registering for classes? My application is still in review.

@jordan2333 The financial aid email is automated to every applicant regardless of application status (whether they have accepted their transfer or not, whether it’s pending, etc). I do not know if denied applicants also receive the email, but it wouldn’t surprise me. I got one from UT last year before I got accepted, but my friend also got one after he got denied. I guess it’s just a way to raise hopes in people towards their admission.

At least this information is limited to what I have seen/heard. It may be otherwise. Here’s to hoping i’m wrong haha.

Any updates??

@xiolea It’s all at a standstill…either people aren’t wanting to spread news or we are all about to get the chopping block soon (Or waited/asked to wait for fall grades). Scheduling for my current university has been opened for 2 weeks now as well as A&M i’m sure.

If you do get accepted, you’ll be behind on classes/battling over the remainder of courses.

I don’t mean to sound pessimistic, but it doesn’t look good from each perspective. One side, you get accepted and face a difficult first academic year…possibly destroying your GPA with poor professors/poorly structured curriculum. The other side, you don’t get accepted (which I mean, is bad all-around if you are really set on this university)

Classes are held open for transfer students. Advisors will be on top of it and you will get a decent schedule. I went through this last year with my daughter (for spring). She got a great schedule and all our worrying was for not. So please guys, keep the faith. You won’t be disappointed! All transfers will register at the transfer new student conference. Not a second before.

@EchoSolar Oh I’m just waiting for aerospace engineering. When A&M sends out acceptances past the application deadline, it’s done on a schedule based on what specific major you applied for, not when you applied. The aero department always sends them out the last week of letters, so I didn’t know if that was gonna be this week or next week.
Also, when a&m does class registrations, they (to my knowledge) open more sections on a rolling basis when the current ones fill up, so it should be fine lol
Good luck to anyone who’s still waiting

Hopefully we start seeing some acceptances this upcoming week!!!

@YourCollegeMom is correct! I called the school when I registered because the only NSC meeting they had was on January 11th I believe and classes start only a few days after. I was concerned that all of the good classes were going to taken. Apparently they put a hold for the transfer students.

I was officially accepted Oct 25, applied sep 21 I think it was… longest wait ever. Be patient if you applied closer to the deadline!! Good-luck :slight_smile:

• also * does anyone know when the financial aid offers should be out????? Still haven’t got mine...

Gig em!

@EchoSolar ^^^

@Texas1990 I actually do know when the financial aid offers should be out. I scheduled an appointment with a financial aid advisor and asked the same question she said they would start reviewing November 1st but I shouldn’t hear back realistically until Christmas time.

Has anyone heard back from the Geoscience department?

@liaschex not yet.

Applied: 10/5 for GIST as first choice, Geology as second choice
In review: 10/31
Transcript Audit: 11/2
As of 11/12, still waiting for decision

I got tabs!!!

@Coscitamu haha yay more waiting!! Thanks so much! Did you find somewhere to live? There’s a group on Facebook that has tamu/blinn people who are looking for roommates and subleasing!!

I got accepted!!

My daughter got accepted last week for Visualization (College of Architecture).

I keep trying to post the link to the group me for TAMU transfers but my comment continuously gets flagged for review :frowning:
A few questions: where do y’all plan on living? I’m thinking of living in Park West apartments. They offer semester leases which is nice!
Also, is anyone going to Howdy Camp? I signed up!

@aggiedaughter98 park west is nice. It is great that they offer semester leases. The location is great as well.

My niece is a counselor for Tcamp (Howdy camp). You’re going to love it. It’s such a great way to meet people. Congrats and welcome to Aggieland.

@TXAggie92 congrats on Daughters acceptance. That is a really cool and competitive program so you should be proud.

If you guys have any questions before y’all come for New student conference in January, let me know. I live here and actually attend those conferences so I’m full of info about it and the area. And I just went through this last spring with my daughter.

Congrats again!!