Tamu Transfer Spring 2018

Hey! I’m applying to political science with a 3.73 GPA and 30 credits. I’ve also got all the required/recommended done as well as some of the additional coursework. Hopefully we’ll all get some good news!

How long did it take for y’all to receive your UIN, I’ve been for waiting a week and a half and haven’t received anything from the university…

@taynicl it took me about 5 days to get mine!

Has anyone heard anything back on an admission decision??

@reking42 nope haven’t heard anything. I got my transfer audit back and that’s it my app is still under review. What college and major are you applying to and what are your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

I talked to admissions last week and they were saying September we should hear. Fingers crossed!

@MaroonLiquid Did they give any indication of whether they were predicting it would be early Sept. or late Sept.?

Does anyone know what the “tabs” are that people talk about. On all the forums 100% of the people who have got tabs get the acceptance sometime not too far after receiving those tabs. Just don’t know what to look for. Is it under howdy or ais?

The tabs will show up along the top of your Howdy account.

Do you think a 3.3 is good enough to transfer into the liberal arts school for psychology? I have 28 hours completed

@DocCope they didn’t say. They just said September and October. I’ve been hearing the first part of the month is when they usually go out according to Texags. A rep for TAMU admissions regularly posts on there. They also update on Twitter as well from what I hear.

Hi! Just adding to the thread. I applied 08/08, got my UIN 8/10, transfer audit 08/22. My app says “complete and in review.” My GPA isn’t super competitive at all-3.3. But for the major I applied under (University Studies-Health Humanities), you only need a 2.75 to be considered. I have all the required courses. I feel my essay was very strong and I have a LOT of volunteer hours and involvement in academic clubs at my old university (Oklahoma State University). Just thought I would update with my situation! Good luck everyone! Praying we get in!

@aggiedaughter98 Hey! I just checked this and noticed we are both on the same boat here with the average GPA and required courses! Good luck :slight_smile:

I’m applying to the psychology program with a 3.33 GPA. I’m currently a Junior, transferring from an out of state 4 year college and taking 12 credit hours this semester. Submitting my application this week. Anyone have an idea of my chances?

Hey all! I’m trying to transfer into Computer Science this spring. I’ve got a 3.86 GPA with 60 credit hours, all the required coursework, and I’m completing the final “recommended” course this semester (as well as my final two core courses).

I’m excited to go through the admission process with you all!!

Pretty late in the game but, hey! I’m trying to transfer this spring into Cell Bio… has anyone ever had any experience transferring into a biology major? I’ve got a 3.95 undergrad GPA, and a considerable amount of volunteer work from H.S. Finishing up what I can at Blinn this semester, and the academic advisor told me there’s basically nothing left for me to take except for the classes I have right now. Good luck everyone!

At least we have those required courses! :-bd Great luck to you as well, hopefully we find out soon enough!!! @ekka123

So update: on twitter, I asked @aggiebound when applicants who applied spring 2018 would hear an admission decision. They responded and said mid-September at earliest! From what I’ve gathered going through previous threads, students who applied for college of liberal arts tend to find out first. Either way, it’s already September so hopefully some of us hear back soon! One indication that you have been admitted is recieving additional tabs on Howdy-I think they are “my finances” and “student records” or something, so keep an eye out for that!
Yesterday I got a large envelope in the mail from TAMU, and wishful thinking got me hoping it was an acceptance letter (even though I knew it wouldn’t be this early). Turns out, it was just something from the Corps of Cadets.
Haha but as usual, good luck everyone! Keep posting if/when you get tabs or find anything out!

I received a letter about the corps today! I don’t recall if I chose to receive more info on it but I think I for sure put “NO”. Not sure if this is a good sign or not? Can anyone else tell me?

This is a piece of marketing material about the corps that they send to all applicants. We got the same packet when my son applied two years ago, then he was offered PSA rather than regular admission. I wish I could tell you it is indicative of an acceptance, but I truly do not believe the two are related in any way. Best of luck, @Coscitamu - I hope you hear something soon.