Tamu Transfer Spring 2018

I got tabs!!! Political Science!!!

I GOT TABS!!!

Has anyone heard back yet that is a nutrition major???

Poli Sci transfer hopeful here, very anxious!
2.9 GPA, long story. Military background, 56 transfer hours

@ekka123 any idea of the chances for a 2.9 into Poli Sci?

So does anyone have an idea as to how we receive our letter of acceptance? Do we get it in the mail, or does it show us online?

@djcass I think you have a safe shot! I got tabs today and from what i’ve read on previous threads tabs means a really good shot of getting in, good luck!

@texasaggie1234 it should show in your AIS under “my communications” then “my letters”.

@texasaggie1234 your AIS will update before you receive anything in the mail. I don’t think anyone’s AIS has updated yet though.

We should expect it on Thursday, or maybe earliest on Wednesday, around the same as last year :slight_smile:

I called the tamu admissions office and they told me that a decision has been made but now I just have to wait for ais to update!

CONGRATS ON TABS EVERYONE! I’m so happy that many people on here have received them now! So, looks like the next step is waiting for official acceptance. I’m so nervous. I have had tabs for a week and still nothing new.

Has anyone that is a nutrition major or in the College of Agriculture hear anything yet?

@aggiedaughter98 same!! I’m hoping to see something update this week

Hey guys so I just thought of something. Last time I called tamu, they told me a decision has been made and tabs finally showed up on my howdy. I know political science and most liberal arts transfers do consider second choice majors. By this point, doesn’t that mean that we’re in? Because we got our tabs, decisions have been made, and we still have our first choice major as the one we’re being reviewed for. If we hadn’t gotten it, wouldn’t we be seeing our second choice major on ais/howdy instead of the first?

You are excactly right @gigggem. Once you get your tabs in Howdy, click “Manage Applications” if your first choice is still listed (on HOWDY, not AIS), then that’s what you got. Pinky promise.

So today when I was checking howdy I click on the “applicant” tab and I’m not sure if this was there before I got tabs but today I noticed a section to the right of the page called “new student conference” that specifically for new aggies and it lets you sign up for orientation and stuff so hopefully that’s a good sign too!!

I think it was there before, not sure!

Aggie bound instagram just uploaded a story, they said that there will be big announcement next Thursday, so the decision will properly be next Thursday, why is it taking so long this year :((

@motconga123 I’m pretty sure that’s just for freshman admissions

@reking42 so should we expect our acceptance by tomorrow? Since on the 20th last year they uploaded first round of acceptance and on the 21 transfer people got their acceptance!