Tamu Transfer Spring 2018

@motconga123 I would say by the end of this week or early next week. Just because the timing has been pretty consistent compared to last years forum.

@eaust12, I’m in the College of Agriculture and I haven’t heard anything back yet

I am a kinesiology major in the college of education and human development and haven’t heard anything yet. Ughhh…

Does anyone know when they generally release the second round of acceptances?

@kat12557 @MaroonLiquid how long has yalls application been in review??

@reking42 mine has been in review since Aug 5th

So when I called admissions they told me my decision was made early this week so I wouldn’t find out until early next week. I’m assuming that those who got tabs last week should hear back this week. Oh and ais only updates once a week (according to the lady I talked with)

@gigggem so did that lady tell you which specific day AIS update, from my research it’s updated on Wednesday or Thursday, and did that lady also indicated that having tabs means acceptance? Thanks you!

@motconga123 She didn’t tell me what day it updates. I’ll call them tomorrow and ask about that for sure! As for indicating anything, they really try to keep it as discrete as possible on the phone. Sometimes you’ll get lucky though and get someone who’s willing to tell you bit more than necessary lol

*a bit more

Guys, I am freaking out :frowning:
I just called an admission counselor and she said getting additional tabs on howdy is not indicative of anything. Apparently everyone gets tabs, I had no idea. Also, she said yesterday some transfers started getting updates on AIS already about their acceptance. I feel like I’m gonna cry because I’ve had tabs for over a week now and I thought it meant I got accepted. I hate waiting, and now I’m even more nervous

@aggiedaughter98 I think that’s fake news. In the past threads not everyone got tabs and not everyone got admitted. If you got tabs your in I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you. Go look at past threads tabs = excellent sign

@aggiedaughter98 I’ve read on other threads that people have called admissions and they told them it’s a really good indication thought :confused: I hope it is

@aggiedaughter98 yeah, hopefully, she was just being tired of people calling, asking for the tabs. When I asked the admission chat, they just said they don’t know and they gave very general answer like it depends on the department. Maybe that lady doesn’t even know what the tabs even mean …

I think they are trying to be discrete about it that’s why maybe she said that

@reking42 can you give us the confirmation of what admission told you?

When I called the college of liberal arts I spoke with the admissions department and the lady said “if you have tabs that’s a really good indication of what is going on with you application.”

I just called and asked when exactly AIS updates and she said towards the end of the week would be a good time to check, usually on Friday. So I guess checking tomorrow would be our best bet, fingers crossed! I’ve had tabs for over a week so I’m getting super anxious!! Also, my roommate is a TAMU student and I compared our Howdy pages the other day and they look almost exactly alike.

Oh no do tabs really not mean anything??? Now I’m worried too

I went to a prospective student center yesterday where they’re supposed to advise you, etc about applying to a&m and they didn’t even know that tabs were a thing on howdy. I think they’re just not as informed as the people that actually go through the application process because we’re so attentive about every single little thing that changes on howdy. The guy who I told about this was the man in charge of the center and even he was like “damn you kids are trying to find any sign at this point” but later said that tabs seem like a really good sign because they allow you to start doing things that a tamu student is able to do.