Tamu Transfer Spring 2018

My daughter got 6 tabs today!!!

Hey guys, check y’all stuff. I got Tabs and accepted today.

It’s official my daughter got accepted today.

For those of you that received tabs today, when did you apply/go into review? I only went into review 6 days ago, so I’m just trying to see the general timeline.

I applied 8/22 and got in to review 9/16.

Has anybody heard anything from the Agricultural department?

JUST GOT IN! NUTRITION MAJOR AKA COLLEGE OF AG- 58 HOURS, 3.47 GPA, & ALL PRE REQ COURSES MET

I checked for tabs and never got any before admittance. So just because you haven’t got tabs don’t be scared!

@Mbrown35 what major did you apply for and what we’re your stats if you don’t mind me asking

@Coscitamu I noticed you applied to construction science and from what I have heard they don’t start reviewing until the October 15th deadline. Not sure the truth to that - just what I’ve heard.

@PsychedAggie123 i have a 3.3 and 28 hours completed and i just got accepted to A&M for psychology (BS). I had one letter of recommendation and one essay. id say you have a pretty good shot too. good luck, and clever name!

@PsychedAggie123 yes that’s what I’ve heard as well and on the past threads they didn’t get tabs until nov 15th so it’s gonna be a long wait. And the dates are pretty accurate from the past thread to this one

Do you guys know when we’ll get the letter in the mail along with the banner saying I’m gonna be an aggie after we’ve gotten accepted through ais?

Hey everybody! I’ve been combing through this and last year’s thread for information on transfers to the Visualization department. I submitted my application on 9/12 and it’s currently under review (no tabs yet), so I’m trying to gauge when I might hear back with an admissions decision. Any fellow viz applicants around here?

Also, stats on me: GPA 4.027 from Rice, submitted an art portfolio with the application.

@texasaggie1234 Congrats! And thanks! I’m getting a little nervous.

@beltack Why TT, why from Rice to TAMU TT, Rice is even better than UT, why oh why, I want to go to rice too T_T

@PsychedAggie123 yes that’s also what I heard I just wish it could be sooner! This thread is going pretty accurate as far as when certain colleges let the student know if they were admitted or not. If that is the case then I won’t find out until mid-November!!

Well folks denied admission into Poli Sci as of today. 2.9 GPA with military records, letters of rec. etc. etc. Not a high GPA I know but Tamu must be tightening up on all depts. transfer admission to include LA…

Going to focus in on this falls grades, maybe retake a few classes for an A and focus on transferring next fall. Any other advice?

Thanks,

David

Has anyone had any luck applying for on campus housing?

Looks like I’m late to the party, but thought I’d jump in. Applying for the Biology program for spring, and I’m very nervous. I’m a returning student in my 30s, and my transfer audit is showing credits from both my first trip through college and my last year and a half at community colleges and UNT. Because of that, I have 94 transfer hours on my audit (fortunately, most of my hours from the first time were upper level English and philosophy, and they didn’t transfer at all). Very concerned about the excess hours. GPA is fine - 3.81 for the 94 hours, 4.0 on all requirements and everything since I’ve gone back - but hoping being over there transfer max isn’t a problem. Eek.

Best of luck to all of you!