Tamu Transfer Spring 2018

Hey y’all! I recently got denied for my second choice major and was so bummed about it. However, I received an email two days ago telling me that it was a mistake and they just got a new reviewing system! Did anyone else get this email?

Hi! Does anyone know when the college of Education and Human Development will send out their decisions?

Hey, if anyone is looking for a low cost roommate for spring semester, check out my craigslist ad. I plan on getting an apartment near TAMU on the bus routs, just want a roommate to cut back on costs.

https://collegestation.craigslist.org/roo/d/looking-for-roommate/6331525426.html

Does anyone know how hard it is to transfer into the construction science major from another department at A&M? Possibly after being a transfer student from community college? My daughter might want to do that as (1) she’s not decided on a major and (2) getting the required physics course done at community college before applying as a transfer student would be difficult schedule wise.

As of this morning, she has tabs! My daughter, who applied to to the Environmental Design program (Architecture), got her tabs today! Praying for that “Whoop! Welcome to the Aggie family!” message to show up in the coming days (weeks?). :smiley:

Well, denied. Anyone know how to find out the reasoning? If it’s because I have a required class in progress, I can try again. If it’s the excessive hours… there’s no point, since that will just get worse.

Just got my transfer audit back and unfortunately it included a few classes I was told are non transferrable which unfortunately knocked my gpa down to 3.3 with 61 units. Praying that & military is enough to get me in.

@Andalucian well what college did you apply to and what where your stats? Hours? Gpa? If you don’t mind me asking

@Kevinlord190 what major are you applying for?

I applied as a biology major. I’m non-traditional, so the transfer audit had 94 hours, about half of which were from my first time in college about 15 years ago. GPA on that was 3.81; GPAs since I’ve gone back and on all math/science are both 4.0. I am currently taking Calc 2, though I had an A+ in Calc 1 and currently do in Calc 2 as well (though they can’t see that). Lots of national recognition career-wise, and two national volunteer awards for two different organizations, so I figure the reason is either the excess hours or Calc 2 being incomplete. Just wondered which.

@Coscitamu Political Science

@andalucian I would maybe set up an appointment with a transfer admissions advisor if you live close. You can also set up a phone appointment. They will since they will have your information already on file so maybe they can tell you why. How long did it take after you got your audit back to get a decision?

I applied to the School of Geosciences for the 1)GIST program 2) Sociology. (School of liberal arts) on 9/21/17

As of yesterday, my transfer audit came back I have 49/57 transferable credits from a junior college in Florida, with a 3.18 GPA. So we shall see, this has by far been the longest process from a school so far.

@Texas1990 It took a little over a week from audit to decision. I live up north of Dallas, so I’ve actually been trying to set up a phone appointment with an advisor since I’ve applied a few weeks ago. No luck yet - the online request system hasn’t been working, calls have not been returned, and emails just seem to get the response that I should “contact the department.” No answer when I ask for the best way to do that. They don’t make it easy, but then, I guess they don’t have to. Think I may trying using Academic Fresh Start and apply to several schools - maybe even A&M again? - for summer term.

Best of luck to you!

Did anyone apply to the College of Education and Human development? Wondering when I’ll hear back. Its been In Review since late August and I’m sick of checking AIS every day!

Hey guys! I just visited College Station and A&M yesterday and fell even more in love. I am so so so excited to start here in the spring. I was pretty set on not living in a dorm, but after going on a dorm tour, I am not so sure. Hullabaloo and Lechner (modular style) dorms are very nice! When I got back home, I immediately applied for on-campus housing. I’m still not sure which option I will pick yet-house, dorm,apartment. What is everyone else doing? They all have pros and cons.

I applied for Civil Engineering back in July. I have a 3.75 GPA on 32 credit hours. What do you guys think about my chances of getting in?

Just checked howdy and I have tabs!! anyone else?

No tabs or any changes for construction science here

I sent in my application and transcripts yesterday with Aerospace Engineering/Computer Engineering, 3.86 GPA, and all of the coursework done; hopefully the rest of the engineering decisions come out before Thanksgiving ;-; Good luck everyone!!

What are you guys referring to when you mention “tabs” ? Are they the ones on your Howdy portal page?