TAMU transfer spring 2022

Howdy, I am currently a student at Blinn Brenham. I’m looking to apply for the 2022 spring semester at TAMU for the civil engineering school. I am looking to get honest feedback on my chances of getting accepted, along with any advice to better help my situation as I know I don’t have the best GPA at 3.34 and 36 credit hours. I had some issues last semester and I have the GPA to show it. what do yall think?

@user254 I’m attaching a good baseline link for you to read. I know the gpa is being raised to 3.75 this year for 1st choice ETAM. All Engineering students enter as General Engineering, then apply for ETAM. Civil is pretty popular, so it may be a stretch with your current gpa.
Hopefully you’ve been working closely with both Blinn and A&M advisors, so you’re on the right track (prerequisites taken, basics out of the way, etc).
https://engineering.tamu.edu/admissions-and-aid/transfer-students.html

1 Like

@52AG82 Sorry for the late response what do you mean when you say ETAM

@user254 ETAM = Entry To A Major
That’s probably the most widely known/used term in regards to Engineering at A&M.
All applicants enter as General Engineering, then you apply for your specific field (civil, mechanical, computer, etc) during ETAM.
Starting this fall, Engineering majors must have a 3.75 to be guaranteed one of their top 3 major choices.
Again, hopefully you are working closely with advisors at both Blinn and A&M Engineering, so you’re on the right track. There is no wiggle room for excessive hours, classes that need to be retaken, pre-recs not taken, etc if you’re transferring in. Engineering is super competitive.
I’m assuming you’re straight Blinn, not part of the Blinn Engineering Academy?

1 Like

Are you part of the Engineering Academy at Blinn Brehnam? This is a great opportunity to take the same classes as general engineering students in CS.

If you are not part of the engineering academy, have you looked at the transfer sheet requirements to get into engineering and have taken all the required classes?

https://admissions.tamu.edu/admissions-staging/media/Main/pdfs-psa/2021-2022-Civil-Engineering-TCS.pdf

1 Like