TAMU Transferring Agriculture Majors Fall 2018

I wanted to start a discussion for all the AG majors out there. What are your majors/stats?

I am trying to transfer to AG ECON from a CC. I recently got the letter letting me know that they will wait to see my spring grades to make a decision. They said that they only send that to “competitive” applicants. Anyone know the acceptance ratio of people who receive the deferral? What are my chances? I am so nervous because the acceptance for transfers is like 57%… Thats like a coin toss!

-3.32 GPA
-57 hours
-All recommended coursework completed except for the math 1325 which I am currently taking (the reason they want to see spring grades)

I was accepted into Poultry Science with a 3.73, 36 hours with an additional 13 this semester. Another AG classmate at McLennan CC , is Plant and And Soil Science he is also on hold for Spring grades. I think as long as you don’t tank you should still be ok. His advisor at TAMU said he’s basically in, but…they’ll wait for the grades.I don’t know his GPA.

When did you two get your applications in? I got mine in Feb 9 and haven’t heard anything yet.

@PotentialAg
I applied January 10th or so, I got my audit on February 23rd I think

And they mailed you a letter concerning your last class, or it was in your AIS?

@PotentialAg The letter updated in AIS under my letters, then I received the same letter in the mail a week or so later.

Haven’t heard anything new on my end, what about you all?