TAMU Transfers - Fall 2023

I’m a transfer and my change major button has been gone for almost 3 weeks now with no updates

2 Likes

I received 7 tabs this morning. My AIS still says complete in review

4 Likes

Congrats! Which major?

My kid is also showing up in the student directory. Fingers crossed several acceptances happen today. #transferTuesday

2 Likes

Thank you! My major is education. I applied really late so I was not expecting to see my tabs change yet

2 Likes

My son just got a call from a Mays advisor stating that he’s been admitted and that he’ll see an update in the portal in the next day or two. @ChristiR93, is this normal procedure?

4 Likes

Hello christi, if I was deferred for spring grades, what should my grades look like in order to get in? In the past, what Spring GPAs have you seen that have been admitted? Thank you!

No I’ve never had a student notified by the department. That’s really nice! Congrats.

2 Likes

Nothing specific but definitley showing an upward trend. With so few hours, they just want to see what a full year looked like for you.

I got a little more information…I believe my son was called by an advisor because he is currently attending Walton College of Business at UARK and is currently taking all of the Intro to Marketing, Supply Chain, Management, and Finance that are part of that school’s second semester sophomore year curriculum. The advisor wanted to let him know he is being accepted into Mays but that he’ll have to retake those courses at TAMU. We figured that would be the case but the call was nice anyway.

1 Like

I was deferred for spring grades request. I got 1 A and 3 Bs this semester. I know it’s not the best but it’s not bad it’s gonna only increase my gpa not go down or even be consistent.

Checked Howdy this morning to find my son got his tabs!!! Also, his name had been showing up in the directory for about a week now but with a blank profile. As of this morning, he now has his tamu email address assigned when I click to view his profile. Those who have students showing up in the directory with a blank profile, hang in there!

4 Likes

Same!! All the tabs in Howdy this morning! Congrats!

4 Likes

None here yet - what major?! Congrats!

3 Likes

Congrats! Crickets here. Can I ask what major?

2 Likes

Mays Business School

2 Likes

Political Science

2 Likes

So… I applied for fall transfer and I am a Blinn student and turned in my final transcript to Tamu, they requested my spring grades from me, I have a 3.46 GPA, and 48 hours and two days ago they said they received my final transcript but there is not a check there’s still an X by the final transcript spot on AIS it just says they received it in my documents, does anyone know what that means?

1 Like

That seems strange. I am PSA, and I submitted my final transcript on Tuesday afternoon. On Wednesday morning I no longer had the red x but a yellow symbol showing it was received. The transcript also shows up as received in the My Documents tab.

@Ann_1000 what major are you applying for?

Same thing for my daughter in a similar boat as you. I think they are tired of hearing from me so I am leaving it alone for now. I was told once received it would two to three “business weeks” to process. I assumed somehow that puts you in their system again for review and maybe they do the transfer audit again and then it shows green in in AIS. I asked about the transfer audit and I didn’t get a clear answer.

2 Likes