TAMU Transfers - Fall 2023

I applied for Ag Econ and received a gpa of 3.67 (my DC from high school brought it down) and my new GPA from my new audit is a 3.69. I have 39 credits and have all of the required courses completed. I am wondering if anyone knows what my chances may be?

You’re going to be just fine. Well done. They’ll look at upward trend. It’s better to have the As now than in high school (if one has to choose).

Keep us posted.

Hey Christi we talked b4. I raised my gpa up 0.14 to a 2.72 gpa 57 transfer credits from a 2.58 gpa with 45 transfer credits. I was spring grades deferred so I didn’t get rejected at all. My major construction science. Are my chances good because I increased my gpa and did good this spring. My essay helped me a lot as well

Any increase is good. It’s really a hard climb after a rough start. Keep pushing yourself and you’ll end up on the right side of things. I truly hope you get the decision you want. And just know that if it’s not, that it’s just temporary. Keep going for it!

Please keep us posted!

1 Like

Hi! I’m bugging in- I just finished the PTA program. It’s 30 hours after HS. I finished HS with 26 dual credit hours, and took 15 at blinn in the fall, 3 during the winter, and 12 spring semester. PTA was really good for me- I finished the required coursework and got accepted in April. I think it’s personal preference and what you think works for you.

4 Likes

Hi Christi! For those of us not deferred from spring grades who still have heard nothing, are you able to give us realistic insight as to potentially what kind of communication we may receive? I’ve seen across lots of platforms people thinking that those of us who has been issued no communication thus far should more than likely be gearing up for a rejection. If that’s the case- totally fine, I’d just like to prepare myself for the most plausible outcome.

1 Like

I would say, and this is just an opinion, that if you haven’t heard, it’s most likely a no at this point. Not sure why they are holding on tho before releasing a decision. However this is the first year that admissions is handling most of the transfers so honestly there could still be some hope.

What are the stats? Gpa/hours/major?

I’m gonna hop in here cause I’m in the same boat. I haven’t heard anything, I applied to transfer into interdisciplinary engineering with a 3.86 gpa and 42 hours (I had all but one of the required courses done, I finished it this spring). I thought I had a good shot but this long wait is making me super nervous

1 Like

Any other “signs” to look for other than tabs? (The extra tabs have been there for weeks, due to Galveston acceptance.)

Under dashboard it may populate with location.

1 Like

What was your 2nd choice? And engineering may be a longer wait due to ETaM

1 Like

What or where is “dashboard”?!

We didn’t understand when we choose that engineering couldn’t be a secondary choice so it’s down for Mechanical engineering. But my first choice is still showing up in howdy and AIS, that hasn’t changed at all.

1 Like

3.33, 54 credits, all required and recommended class work completed, community health.

2 Likes

So community health is under public health now. That’s probably the hold up. You have a solid chance.

Oh this is news to me! Would you mind elaborating on why it’s taking longer? I’m sorry this is the first I’m hearing of this.

https://public-health.tamu.edu/degrees/bachelors/community-health.html

2 Likes

Hi christi! Originally I applied to Econ B.S with 19 hours and a 3.26 GPA. However, I got deferred for spring grades and just checked my new degree audit and it appears that my GPA has increased to a 3.56(got a 4.0 this semester), with 32 hours and all my required courses done. Do you think I have a good chance of admittance?

3 Likes

Wow congrats. You crushed it. And yes I think you have an outstanding chance. Please let us know when you find out. You should be really proud of that jump in gpa!

I am in the same boat! I am a sports management major going into my sophomore year and got deferred for spring grades (I still had one class in progress). I had a 3.19 GPA and I got my new transfer audit and have a 3.46 GPA now (got a 4.0 this semester) with 48 hours and all my required courses done. How is it looking for me? and does anyone have any idea when we will hear back?

3 Likes