TAMU Transfers - Fall 2023

Yay! Just got my admittance and scheduled for NSC!! Three hours after getting the extra tabs, the admittance came!

4 Likes

If you graduated from Texas high school then huh are not out of state even tho you went to OK.

That F will hurt for sure. I’m assuming you couldn’t Q drop it???

Too late for PTA. I would transfer to Blinn for the fall term and apply in august for spring term.

Yes I meant if anyone else was coming from an out of state college, since a lot of the transfers here are blinn. I would be a Texas in state. And I have not been denied! Still waiting to hear.

2 Likes

Nothing updated on my portal yet what are yalls majors for those who have heard?

1 Like

I am a comm/journalism major and have not heard. I think some mays have heard so far.

1 Like

ok im sports management/comms depending on my first or second major… it seems like a lot of engineering and science majors have heard back today so hopefully that’s the case but congrats to everyone that got in today!

1 Like

I am a bioenvironmental science major. Received the extra tabs today between 6 am to 6:40 am. Got the admission notice in AIS three hours later.

1 Like

Daughter got official acceptance today at 11:30 am. Extra tabs were there at 6am. She is early education and did PTA. BEST DAY EVER!!!

5 Likes

yay! seems like a lot of PTA students found out today so thats great!

3 Likes

and PSA

1 Like

Do you think people who are straight transfers/not coming from blinn will find out another day?

1 Like

I’m PTA and still nothing.

Many students that come from blinn aren’t blinn team so they are lumped in with all other transfers. There’s no leg up in that case. PTA, PSA will hear as soon as their info in processed since it’s not an acceptance but a contract. No decision to be made.

4 Likes

How often do you see someone that is deferred for spring grades, they have all required courses and their gpa went up from the 1st audit get denied admission? Do most who go through this typically get in? Are they just wanting to make sure that last semester of finishing the required courses they don’t bomb?

3 Likes

Want to know this as well. I heard spring grades request is good news as long you don’t fail or drop the class.

1 Like

I’m coming from Blinn as a normal transfer not PTA or PSA and I still have not heard anything

2 Likes

So in the past, this would be a great sign and one would get in based on the scenario. Now that Admissions does the transfer decisions, we can only hope it stays the same but we can’t be sure until your group goes through it.

But I would believe your scenario would still be a YES. Can’t imagine otherwise.

2 Likes

Were you asked to give spring grades before being accepted?? Just curious as we were not but still haven’t heard.

1 Like

Most people who are asked for spring grades are those who have not yet completed required courses for their major or do not meet the 24 required hours. I had 15 hours complete at time of app but after spring grades I have 34.

2 Likes

I have no been accepted yet but I got deferred for spring grades so I did send them in

3 Likes