TAMU Transfers - Fall 2023

have any deferrals majoring is ag econ heard back yet?

1 Like

1st ag bus/2nd ag econ…still waiting

Any community/ allied/ public health majors receive any communication so far?:sob:

1 Like

PTA for Allied Health. Still waiting. Transfer audit was done at the end of May.

1 Like

Has anyone applied to/registered for classes at BLINN Bryan or rellis yet for the fall in case we don’t get accepted this semester? Or are waiting to hear before adding it as a backup? Since I’m coming from a different university I am not yet in the blinn systems like blinn team or other programs like that.

1 Like

You have to be offered Blinn Team by TAMU. If not, you go straight Blinn and do the regular transfer in.

2 Likes

@Kcertom Blinn TEAM, TEAB & PSA are only offered to incoming freshman. You’ve already been attending another school, so you’re a straight transfer.
Blinn is a community college, that has a satellite campus in Bryan. It is very pricey, unless you permanently reside in Brenham/Washington County. There’s no ‘leg up’ by taking classes at Blinn, no ‘Blinn systems’. In fact, you’d be better off financially living at home and taking classes at your local community college/juco.
Hopefully you will hear soon about your transfer status! :crossed_fingers:t3:

4 Likes

Is there a deadline for them to let us know? Or could it be literally July for some?

it could be july for some from what some people at the office at admissions have said

1 Like

That’s crazy! Ugh this is an unfortunate round of admissions to be a part of :frowning:

2 Likes

At this point, they have taken so long that we are looking at a likely contingency of staying at the current school for the fall. If we don’t hear until July, it is too little time for housing.

So does anyone know if acceptance is received, is it possible to defer to spring semester without having to reapply? With the process as long as it is, I really hope so.

1 Like

I found this on one of the Aggie FAQ pages, “ In general, we do not allow students to defer their admission. This is because admissions decisions are based on the projected needs of the department for a particular semester, and those needs vary from semester to semester.” however because of this year I would suggest calling them because you never know updated or exceptional rules they could make!

3 Likes

I already plan on being in cstat and have signed a lease for a house, so my backup plan right now is blinn unfortunately.

1 Like

i really hope they dont wait until july to reject people because i need to register for blinn classes if so

2 Likes

supposedly they send their stuff out on Tuesdays and Thursdays that’s what the pattern has looked like to everyone keep an eye out for their stuff tomorrow and Thursday… really hoping for the best

1 Like

I called admissions today and they confirmed that stuff is still going out from now to July, but the person I talked to told me to wait to register for blinn until tamu responds bc a reject letter will have different tracks. She said it’s totally fine to apply to blinn rn but told me to wait to accept anything. Also reaffirmed to me that spring defer is a positive thing as far as acceptances.

2 Likes

So crazy that there’s a possibility we can not hear back until July…

1 Like

How are we supposed to register for orientations or the new student conferences that late. So crazy.

ik… I am wondering the same thing

I have a question. For the applicants that were “deferred”, did your page look the same as this? Stating grades only needed if accepted? Trying to determine if my kiddo missed the boat on spring deferral and is gearing up for a denial?

Document Complete
COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT FROM LONE STAR COLLEGE SYSTEM Document is received and complete.
Essay A Document is received and complete.
$75 UGRAD APPLICATION FEE Document is received and complete.
COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT FROM BLINN COLLEGE Document is received and complete.

- Additional documents required if admitted

Document Complete
BACTERIAL MENINGITIS PROOF OF VACCINATION (Details) Document has not been received.
COLLEGE TRNS FINAL GRADES FROM BLINN COLLEGE Document has not been received.
OFFICIAL FINAL HS TRANSCRIPT FROM BRIDGELAND HIGH SCHOOL Document is received and complete.
Symbol Description
Red X Document has not been received.
Caution Symbol Document has been received that may satisfy this requirement, but has not yet been processed.
Checkmark Document is received and complete.
Checkmark Select to view more information.